Remove 2013 Remove Community Remove Radio Remove Social Media
article thumbnail

Q&A With Laurie Paolone, Founder of HashAtIt.com, The Hashtag Search Engine

Deirdre Breakenridge

From the popular community tweet chats to the breaking news and trending hashtag topics, these aggregated conversations certainly have captured our attention. I was recently introduced to Laurie Paolone by my friends at the Social Network Station. New hashtags are surfacing every day. What is your favorite hashtag and why? .

article thumbnail

Three cardinal rules of PR that Adidas broke with Kanye West

NewsWhip

The story began way back in September, when Kanye (now known by the name “Ye”) criticized the German footwear company in interviews and on social media. Adidas could have seen the hate speech writing on the wall way back in 2013 when they first partnered with the rapper after his split with Nike. The Story in a Nutshell .

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Power of the African-American Audience

Beyond PR

Communications professionals are aware of the importance of targeting, for example, the considerable number of Hispanics who prefer to consume media in Spanish. Is there a reason to specifically target this community? percent in 2013 and exceeding the numbers for both whites and Hispanics. A Young, Growing Population.

article thumbnail

Are we really on the right side of the digital divide?

Communications Conversations

According to a 2013 Pew Internet study , only 46 percent of Americans 65 and older had access to a smart phone and broadband internet in 2013. ” Just look at social media for a moment–just one component of the “digital” in the digital divide. Social media helps make you smarter.

article thumbnail

Relations with customers and prospects

PR Conversations

In serialising chapters from the 1948 book Your Public Relations since October 2013, I have been struck by the relevance of the authors’ thinking and practice, often in total contrast to arguments that PR today is more strategic than in the past. Press and radio publicity. Community service. Customer services.

Retail 40
article thumbnail

Relations with customers and prospects

PR Conversations

In serialising chapters from the 1948 book Your Public Relations since October 2013, I have been struck by the relevance of the authors’ thinking and practice, often in total contrast to arguments that PR today is more strategic than in the past. Press and radio publicity. Community service. Customer services.

Retail 40
article thumbnail

26 Thoughtful Marketing Predictions that Could Actually Happen in 2019 Across PR, Content, Digital, Social Media and Customer Success

Sword and the Script

There’s something in here for every discipline of marketing – be it strategy, PR, content marketing, SEO, digital, social media, customer marketing, and so much more. There will be a notable uptick in socially conscious marketing. 5) Alignment of marketing and customer success. 8) Creativity over productivity.