Remove 2001 Remove Community Remove Corporate Remove Public Affairs
article thumbnail

Selfish Altruism: Ned Lundquist on Origins of the JOTW and an Appeal to Take the Annual Comms Survey

Sword and the Script

He’s really done wonderful service for the communications field and has built a 6,000-person strong community in the process. Nearly two decades later, Ned and I would team up to survey his subscribers for the annual JOTW Communications survey. Now in its fifth year, the survey is open to respondents. . >>>

Survey 78
article thumbnail

3 former PR pros who made mid-career shifts and lived to talk about it

Communications Conversations

You could replace “agency life” with “corporate life” and insert a whole other sub-set of people, too. Kelly Groehler, Tim Westermeyer and Betsy Andersen all traded in their corporate and agency PR careers for work in another field. They all knew that I had no interest in returning to a corporate role.

Apparel 106
article thumbnail

Putting PR on the Table for Minority Students

PRSay

After a lot of persistence, I was offered a PR internship with the San Francisco 49ers during their 2001 summer training camp. One of her most noted clients was Toyota Motor Corporation in 1987. Toyota hired Tobin to improve its image and brand among the African-American community. and Nestle USA to name a few.