Remove 2013 Remove Community Remove Employee Remove Social Media
article thumbnail

Three cardinal rules of PR that Adidas broke with Kanye West

NewsWhip

The story began way back in September, when Kanye (now known by the name “Ye”) criticized the German footwear company in interviews and on social media. Adidas could have seen the hate speech writing on the wall way back in 2013 when they first partnered with the rapper after his split with Nike. The Story in a Nutshell .

article thumbnail

Less publicized but more interesting takeaways from 3 reports on marketing and PR

Sword and the Script

The vendor community that serves PR has published a handful of reports over the last few months. ” I first heard the term in 2013, but it’s grown increasingly popular, because marketing people like to give new names to traditional concepts.

Report 108
article thumbnail

5 Challenges of Working Remotely and How to Solve Them

PRSay

With Google announcing work-from-home plans through 2021 and other giants like Facebook, Twitter and Slack telling employees they can work from home permanently — not to mention the many PR agencies shuttering their own offices for permanent work-from-home plans — it’s clear that remote work is not a passing trend. percent to 5.4

How To 180
article thumbnail

This Social Media Prof is officially a #HootAmb!

Karen Freberg

This has been a program that has been around for years, but has been revamped to include more areas around the world and specific areas within social media (ex. I have been a super fan and advocate for years (since 2013 when I first integrated Hootsuite Academy in my social media class). higher education).

article thumbnail

I Sold PR 20/20, but That’s Just the Start of the Story

PR 20/20

Blue Cypress is also the lead investor in our sister company, Marketing AI Institute , which raised a $1M seed round earlier this year to help advance the understanding and adoption of artificial intelligence within the marketing industry and broader business community. That tagline has never been more relevant than it is today.

article thumbnail

Public Relations Strategies: Redux

Shift Communications

As a refresher, in our previous post, we shared that public relations describes a series of strategic actions taken in order to foster and maintain a relationship between a business and the people they want to do business with—their customers, employees, competitors, etc. So what’s next?

article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

Southwest Airlines employees celebrate passenger’s 104th birthday. In addition to providing strategies for building “zombie loyalists,” Shankman also offers advice for engaging with customers on social media , handling negative feedback and criticism, and creating a customer service culture within your organisation.