Remove 2005 Remove Community Remove Ethics Remove Local
article thumbnail

In Memoriam: Joe S. Epley, APR, Fellow PRSA

PRSay

Epley, APR, Fellow PRSA, a decorated PRSA leader who was a friend and mentor to many members and champion for the ethical practice of public relations, died suddenly in his South Carolina home on Nov. Epley helped establish professional, ethical public relations in Russia shortly after the collapse of the former Soviet Union.

Ethics 166
article thumbnail

New Year’s Honours 2015

Stuart Bruce

Professor Anne Gregory @gregsanne – I’ve known Anne for more than 20 years and she’s one of the most impressive advocates I know for increasing professionalism in public relations and emphasising how ethics should be at the heart of what we do. CIPR Ethics Politics public relations'

Ethics 96
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Cider sip or cider slip? Would you let a politician endorse your brand?

Stephen Waddington

Boris Johnson endorses cider, Jo Swinson ethical clothing and Jeremy Corbyn an art gallery. Earlier in the week, Jo Swinson was pictured hanging out at the workshops of Finisterre, an ethical clothing brand. By 2015, the Conservatives won all six local seats. Aligning a brand with a political party is a tricky business.

Brand 97
article thumbnail

#13: When brands are more trusted than media

NewsWhip

And while there are some longer-term themes that we’ve been paying attention to over the years, for instance as early as 2005, we noted that shift in trust from authority figures to people like myself. So it has both the competence and the ethics implied in that question. Government and media are neither competent or ethical.

Brand 78
article thumbnail

The Essential Guide to Mass Communication: History, Methods, Ethics, and the Future

Masters in Communications

It is not something often said about mass communication, but it is so integral to our lives - and always has been - that it is easy to take the dissemination of information and its associated methods and tools for granted. Mass communication aims to meet these needs. Main Topics Quick Links What is Mass Communication?

Ethics 52