Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Creativity Remove Interviews
article thumbnail

How the New York Public Library’s Blog Mobilizes Communities

Cision

And for nonprofit organizations on a budget, blogging can often be the most effective way to engage and mobilize communities. Because the community of library bloggers is so big and distributed, it’s hard to take a one-size-fits-all approach. Our biggest growth spurt was 150 percent between 2010 and 2011.

Community 120
article thumbnail

Why You Should Consider Applying for the PRSA Board of Directors

PRSay

In 2010, as a student, I was elected to serve as the vice president of career services on the PRSSA National Committee. If you think you bring a different perspective than what’s represented on the Board, then be sure to highlight that in your interview. Applications are due May 25. Find details here. Advance diversity and advocacy.

Education 122
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Four Steps To Optimize A News Release For Google News

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Four Steps To Optimize A News Release For Google News November 15th, 2010 Tweet Guest post by Erica Holt Please stop yawning Don’t worry. You can read all about that here , here , and here.

Google 109
article thumbnail

Dealmaking Sizzles Again Among PR Software Providers and Here Comes Another Side Dish of Generative AI for Comms [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

Here’s this month’s summary of the news from the vendor community this month. PRophet announced a partnership with Yoodli, “an innovative AI-powered software platform which helps users improve media interviewing, public speaking, and communication skills using artificial intelligence” (AI).

article thumbnail

Kpop Lessons: Handling Defamation Through Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Image: twchoi11 via Flickr , Creative Commons Though I wouldn’t consider myself as devoted as some fan clubs. The rumors about Tablo’s supposed forgery were spread by two online communities: “We Urge Tablo to Tell the Truth,&# or TaJinYo , and “A World Where Common Sense is the Truth,&# or SangJinSe.

article thumbnail

How Reading Fairy Tales Can Improve Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali How Reading Fairy Tales Can Improve Public Relations December 28th, 2010 Tweet What’s your favorite fairy tale? I actually have a bunch of them. Also Cinderella. Also Sleeping Beauty.

article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

Here’s a list of creative PR activities that can help your organisation stand out, engage customers, and encourage them to share their positive experiences with others. Offer pro bono services to a non-profit organisation in your community. Host a podcast or YouTube series featuring interviews with industry experts.