article thumbnail

The many paradoxes of public relations

Stephen Waddington

It took less two weeks to discover that there was a more fundamental issue and gap in research literature to make the case for the contribution of public relations to organisational decision making and strategy at a management level. Herein lies the challenge in studying public relations. This is fertile ground for a researcher.

Publicity 190
article thumbnail

Thoughts on Balancing Your Professional Work and Your Activism

PRSay

Some of us are fortunate to work for companies that tell employees to bring their whole selves to work, that invest in corporate social responsibility and that act as responsible members of their communities. In this new model, organizations become part of a larger social system. Looking to the past. Margaret Ritsch, Ed.D.,

System 187
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Big Business Must Help Us Heal

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

It’s time for the business community as a group and individual businesses as brands, to help us heal the divide. In the wake of the shocking violence last week, that may be starting to happen, and there’s a role for PR and corporate communications. The opportunity for business communicators. Why business can help.

Corporate 338
article thumbnail

The many paradoxes of public relations

Wadds Inc.

It took less two weeks to discover that there was a more fundamental issue and gap in research literature to make the case for the contribution of public relations to organisational decision making and strategy at a management level. Herein lies the challenge in studying public relations. This is fertile ground for a researcher.

article thumbnail

BAME voices takeover #FuturePRoof for fourth book

Stephen Waddington

Sarah Waddington has handed over #FuturePRoof to the BAME community for her latest book. Her goal was to create a platform to assert the value of public relations as a strategic management function and promote best practice. Along the way she has published three books and created a vibrant community. Anouchka Burton.

article thumbnail

US Navy In Crisis PR Mode: A Textbook Example

The Stalwart Blog

Forgive me if I boast about the US Navy Public Affairs community for a moment. McCain’s Aegis systems caused the ships to crash into merchant vessels. Here’s where the Public Affairs team and senior leadership shined. I possess a bit of bias from my years in uniform. To be sure, heads will roll.

article thumbnail

13 Truths About PR ? How Many Do You Believe In?

PR Matters

Because reputation impacts―and is influenced by―many different factors, PR’s relationship-building must be multiple, inclusive and comprehensive [ Tweet Quote ] These include―but are not limited to―the media, employees, communities (on and offline), customers, investors, potential clients, government bodies, and institutions.