Remove Advertising Remove Community Remove Exercises Remove Local
article thumbnail

DE&I Communications: So You Made a Commitment… Now What?

Shift Communications

CEOs stepped up in droves to make promises to the BIPOC community that they were heard, understood and welcomed within the company. Community engagement. Every DE&I program can benefit greatly by engaging with the community in which it thrives. Want to improve your DE&I Communications Plans in 2022?

article thumbnail

How COVID-19 will impact PR practice and skills

Stephen Waddington

In the public sector, communicators have never been busier, as energy is directed to public education and information. Media relations has been impacted by a decline in advertising and the reduced distribution of newsprint. PR as a strategic management function is an issue that lies of the core of the #FuturePRoof community.

Crisis 151
article thumbnail

Holding out for a hero

Stephen Waddington

Recovering from a broken hip he had previously only been able to exercise indoors. Daisy sent out a press release on 7 April to local media contacts and a JustGiving page was set up. No advertising, no sponsorship, no sales promotion or other fundraising efforts. The local media picked it up and covered the story.

Radio 89
article thumbnail

How Food & Beverage Brands Collaborate with Influencers to Create Cool Summer Vibes

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

The power of partnering with influencers Influencers extend far beyond traditional advertising, as their followers actively seek their recommendations and trust their opinions. Fresh and Seasonal Produce: Summer is the perfect time to enjoy an abundance of fresh, locally sourced fruits and vegetables.

Brand 40
article thumbnail

Celebrating our 2019 highlights

Action PR

We kicked off the New Year with a tongue-in-cheek ‘Not So Dry January’ advertising campaign for Everyone Active. It successfully engaged the local community in a range of activities for youngsters and adults living with a disability. ITV West Country reported on the day which brokered valuable partnerships for local families.

Sports 52
article thumbnail

Start-Up Advice from 22 Solo PR Pros

Solo PR Pro

We asked our Solo PR Pro community what advice they would give to someone about to start their solo business. My advice would be that the fastest and least expensive way to generate leads is to speak locally through workshops.Chamber of Commerce. Local colleges partnerships. Know How to Find Business. And meetup groups.

Insurance 110
article thumbnail

Public relations in 2018

Stephen Waddington

It’s an issue that she’s sought to promote over the past two years through the #FuturePRoof community. Finally, there’s a growing community of practice between academics, teachers and practitioners, around issues such as diversity, gender and fake news. Twitter is the largest ever market research exercise that no one ever commissioned.

Publicity 164