Remove 2009 Remove Community Remove Interviews Remove Writing
article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Erica Schueller, Editorial Director, Commercial Vehicle Group at Endeavor Business Media

Bianchi Biz Blog

Additionally, I still write, and will take on event coverage or feature assignments. I really enjoy writing stories where people share their experiences or perspective. For the interview, I would typically meet the distributor early in the morning and ride along on the truck for an entire day as s/he made customer stops.

Groups 55
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Muck Rack Lands a Whopping $180 million in Funding [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

The equity owners wrote big checks for those transactions – and they aren’t inclined to write another. This is the first outside investment the company has taken, which has been boot-strapped its founding in 2009 by Galant and Lee Semel. What makes them appear strong, is actually a weakness. Onward with the PR Tech Sum ….

article thumbnail

5 Proven Ways PR can Develop Client Media References in B2B Organizations

Sword and the Script

People are afraid, for example, and many corporate clients have policies that prohibit such interviews without a permission slip. 1) Soft interviews on your company blog. Ask your customers for interviews on your corporate blog – soft interviews. Media references are hard for several reasons.

B2B 78
article thumbnail

10 Reasons to Attend IABC/DC Metro's Silver Inkwell Awards Gala

Waxing UnLyrical

Photo of the 2009 Silver Inkwell awards merriment courtesy Marvin T. We have some neat giveaways, including a couple of comps to GrowSmartBiz 2010 on November 5 ( disclosure: I’m speaking, and Network Solutions, one of the hosts, is my client ), and something very special from writing coach extraordinaire, Ann Wylie.

article thumbnail

MeasurePR: The BrandBuilder Edition

Waxing UnLyrical

Mark Storys The Intersection of Online and Offline Mary's Garden Party - Mary Barber, APR, Fellow PRSA Measurement Matters Media Bullseye More With Les (Potter, ABC) NetWits Think Tank New Media Lisa - Lisa Hoffmann Occam's RazR - Ike Pigott PR Conversations Sean Williams' Communication AMMO! Wanna Subscribe? Shall We Tweet?

article thumbnail

Media relations is thriving

Stephen Waddington

The value proposition of a media brands lies its ability to inform and engage a community in a conversation. You need to understand the media in the market alighted to your product or service; the issues that drive the market; the format and makeup of a publication; and the types of stories that journalists write. Not much has changed.