Remove 2015 Remove Community Remove Local Remove Print
article thumbnail

Depressed and depressing: the state of UK news media

Stephen Waddington

Trust in the news has fallen 11% since 2015. News media in pain Newspaper brands continue to suffer as readers shift from print to digital. Popular newspaper brands have suffered double digit falls in print circulation with the Daily Star (-18%), Daily Mirror (-13%), and Daily Express (-12%) hardest hit.

Print 115
article thumbnail

Applauding the community at the Fringe

PR Conversations

It’s understood that the play’s the thing; however, it was the vibrant community found around each performance that proved an unexpected volunteer adventure at The Toronto Fringe festival 2015. Observations on a company of communal stakeholders. Observations on a company of communal stakeholders.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Cristina Commendatore, Editor in Chief of FleetOwner

Bianchi Biz Blog

As chief editor, I lead all FleetOwner’s content planning efforts for both print and digital. That was my first experience really using social media and the publication’s website to break news and keep residents in the community informed. Can you tell us what types of stories, trends or issues are on your radar now?

Meeting 60
article thumbnail

A SHIFTer Tries Skills-Based Volunteering

Shift Communications

One of SHIFT’s employee benefits is Volunteer Time Off to better our community. Here at the Boston office, SHIFTers volunteer at a local farm, at a local Boys and Girls Club, on local charity boards, at Habitat for Humanity and other great organizations.

Local 60
article thumbnail

Skybound Dreams: The Inspiring Journey of Pilot Amanda J. Harrison

PR for Anyone

From using yellow screens to combat moving words while reading manuals to employing sunglasses and printed materials on colored paper, she’s devised ingenious ways to navigate her work environment. While she has adapted and learned how to navigate her dyslexia, Amanda details the ongoing challenges she faces.

Airlines 130
article thumbnail

The Present & Future Tech Trends PRs Should Prepare For

Cision

For example, the ongoing globalization of the Internet and expansion to more rural audiences is already emerged for organizations with international operations, but barely emerging and not very important for a restaurant that does only local business. The FCC is investing in providing access to communities that do not have broadband.

Trends 120
article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

Public service media is failing the public Thank you My thanks to the following communities and individuals. The project has brought me into contact with a new community of more than 50 thinkers and doers. The #FuturePRoof community goes from strength-to-strength. Purpose unifies management, employees, and communities.