article thumbnail

Privacy isn’t necessarily a good thing

Stephen Waddington

While that may be good for personal privacy, it’s a threat to public conversation. Facebook’s big play at its F8 developer conference this year was privacy. Personal privacy and security strikes at the core of Facebook’s proposition. Whatever your view of personal privacy it’s hard to argue that this is a good thing.

Privacy 72
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Karn Dhingra, Reporter at Automotive News

Bianchi Biz Blog

Out of journalism school, I worked at the Galveston County Daily News , near Houston. I reported on NASA and crime, local government, League City, the bedroom community close to Mission Control/Johnson Space Center. How long have you been in journalism and how did you get started?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Molly Boigon, Tech and Innovation Reporter at Automotive News

Bianchi Biz Blog

I’m particularly interested in the new and interesting ways automakers are designing and outfitting the user interface, and some of the potential issues — distraction, data privacy and additional costs for features, among others. Before joining AN, I covered the Haredi (ultra-Orthodox Jewish) communities of New York.

article thumbnail

Deborah Weinstein on the Challenges Confronting PR and Digital Marketing

Flack's Revenge

Brands must also make sure their community manager or agency has the experience, curiosity, and imagination needed to conceive, implement and measure their social efforts. Both owned by Facebook, they’ll keep the monolith steady, despite its privacy scandals, for years to come. Be Helpful.

Marketing 244
article thumbnail

PR software vendors are starting to talk security in generative AI pitches [PR Tech Sum No. 46]

Sword and the Script

This means my last summary of PR tech news was in early June – and in the eight weeks since, there’s been a number of annucments from the solution provider community. The PR software community has taken note and they are responding. Source: State of PR and Journalism Salaries 2023 by Muck Rack. It makes sense. Long work hours.

Software 128
article thumbnail

Who Were The PR Winners And Losers of 2017?

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

After the election, most mainstream news organizations got busy reminding us why they’re needed with a renewed commitment to quality journalism. Best of all, journalism organizations like ProPublica and The Center For Public Integrity are enjoying unprecedented support. The results were often ugly.

Airlines 180
article thumbnail

Content Curation’s Last stand?

Flack's Revenge

It is the reality that Internet culture has given us today; where content is there for the taking, to be riffed on, often ripped off, repackaged, bookmarked, collated, aggregated, discovered, shared and curated; in which content is commoditized and journalism has been torn asunder.