Remove 2015 Remove Community Remove Local Remove Newspapers
article thumbnail

Depressed and depressing: the state of UK news media

Stephen Waddington

Trust in the news has fallen 11% since 2015. News media in pain Newspaper brands continue to suffer as readers shift from print to digital. Popular newspaper brands have suffered double digit falls in print circulation with the Daily Star (-18%), Daily Mirror (-13%), and Daily Express (-12%) hardest hit.

Print 115
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Cristina Commendatore, Editor in Chief of FleetOwner

Bianchi Biz Blog

That was my first experience really using social media and the publication’s website to break news and keep residents in the community informed. Our newspaper ended up winning an award for our reporting. I got my start in journalism in 2008, working for a weekly newspaper in Connecticut called The Middlebury Bee-Intelligencer.

Meeting 60
article thumbnail

Bob Gritzinger, Editor-in-Chief, Media Sites at WardsAuto & Principal Analyst—Advanced Propulsion at Wards Intelligence

Bianchi Biz Blog

I enjoyed a 17-year career at several Detroit area newspapers, including 12 years at The Oakland Press in Pontiac, MI, before shifting gears and taking a job in public relations at Buick. I’ve been a Wards since 2015. I grew up on a small lake in Michigan and love being around water in all forms (that includes snow).

article thumbnail

Spotlight on a Solo PR Pro: Meet Ben Finzel

Solo PR Pro

The local news was the national news,” he explains. But with the encouragement from many friends and colleagues, Ben took a leap of faith and established his own communications consulting firm, RENEW PR , in 2015. Extending skills to LGBTQ community. “Growing up in D.C., For me, it was the latter.”.

Meeting 52
article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

Public service media is failing the public Thank you My thanks to the following communities and individuals. The project has brought me into contact with a new community of more than 50 thinkers and doers. The #FuturePRoof community goes from strength-to-strength. Purpose unifies management, employees, and communities.

article thumbnail

Collision’s Audacious Return to Toronto

Flatiron Communications

There is that group of people who just want to understand this without having to subscribe to a newspaper or listen to NPR. what emerged in 2015/2016 was that this world, this conference, tech, was also a major player in our world. The post Collision’s Audacious Return to Toronto appeared first on Flatiron Communications.

article thumbnail

6 Awesome Examples of How To Leverage Corporate History in Brand Storytelling

MaccaPR

Corporate histories are important to customers, employees, business partners, and community members. As a newer service offering, TimesMachine provides The New York Times subscribers with a fully searchable archive of past newspapers, such as the July 20, 1969, article, " The Day Before The Moon Landing." Source: GNP Company).