Remove 2015 Remove Community Remove Ethics Remove Local
article thumbnail

My CIPR CPD (continuous professional development) goals for 2015

Stuart Bruce

My CIPR CPD targets for 2015. Experimenting with paid media locally for my wife Karen Bruce who is a local councillor. Ethics is a new compulsory module where you must log at least 5 points. Already participated in global communications ethic debate as moderator of World Communication Forum in Davos.

article thumbnail

The Present & Future Tech Trends PRs Should Prepare For

Cision

For example, the ongoing globalization of the Internet and expansion to more rural audiences is already emerged for organizations with international operations, but barely emerging and not very important for a restaurant that does only local business. The FCC is investing in providing access to communities that do not have broadband.

Trends 120
article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

Tackling fake news and disinformation: an ethical issue that strikes at the heart of practice 6. Public service media is failing the public Thank you My thanks to the following communities and individuals. The project has brought me into contact with a new community of more than 50 thinkers and doers. Progress is slow.

article thumbnail

Recap Part I: #PRStudChat Discusses PR Education & Learning

Deirdre Breakenridge

On October 13, 2015, I joined an invigorating #PRStudChat with my fellow educators, students, and professionals about Teaching and Learning in Public Relations. I was delighted when Deirdre said YES. I was dancing in the room with my four-year-old boy. How has your PR education prepared you for your career?

Education 150
article thumbnail

22 PR Rock Stars of the Future

Communications Conversations

Because of Kathryn’s diligence, professionalism and work ethic, she was selected to represent USM for the Sales and Marketing Professionals of the Pine Belt’s Rising Star at Work Intern Program. She hopes to combine her experience in human resources and her passion for public relations into a career in internal communications.

Sports 0
article thumbnail

New Year’s Honours 2015

Stuart Bruce

Professor Anne Gregory @gregsanne – I’ve known Anne for more than 20 years and she’s one of the most impressive advocates I know for increasing professionalism in public relations and emphasising how ethics should be at the heart of what we do. CIPR Ethics Politics public relations'

Ethics 95
article thumbnail

Hopes, Dreams and Sage Advice: 40+ Marketing and PR predictions for 2023

Sword and the Script

And, given the vast amount of time I pour into writing about PR technology , I’m really pleased with the long list of contributions from the PR technology vendor community. a) Many community newspapers going away and hopefully still being available in some kind of online format. Strengthening community-building and connections.

Marketing 190