Remove 2014 Remove Community Remove Leadership Remove Local
article thumbnail

[Guest Post] Five Ways to Ensure Your Next Speaker Lineup Includes More Than Just Middle Aged White Guys

Deirdre Breakenridge

There are far too few women in leadership positions, which often times are the positions event organizers target when they’re searching for speakers. She has volunteered in India and South Africa, helping empower women through job skills training, in local communities. __. [1] June 4, 2014. January 7, 2014.

article thumbnail

Unicorns, Upscaling and the State of Massachusetts Technology

Shift Communications

Against this backdrop, and with our HQ here in Massachusetts, the conversation that took place at the Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council in mid-March was of special interest. There were 722 technology investments in MA companies from 2011-2014. (4). Now, let’s take a look at what happened from 2010-2014. Sources: U.S.

article thumbnail

Meeting CIPR President candidate Mandy Pearse

Stephen Waddington

I valued Mandy’s counsel on CIPR Governance issues and engagement with public sector communications communities during my time as President in 2014. As an MBA holder she’s among a group of practitioners that have been driving communications at board level for more than two decades. Real stuff affecting people’s lives.

Meeting 96
article thumbnail

Chat Recap: SoloPR Pros Income Trends, Satisfaction and More

Solo PR Pro

On the second Wednesday in October, we held one of our traditional Q&A chats, where top independent communication professionals shared thought leadership, tips and advice in response to questions submitted by the community ( learn how to join us here ). Does this surprise you? Do you actively seek to diversify?

Trends 40
article thumbnail

NHS at 70: Ten difficult conversations for communicators

Stephen Waddington

Kerry Barron-Beadling, head of communications at SFH NHS Foundation Trust, is among numerous contributors calling on NHS communicators to attribute their campaigns to outcomes. #2 2 Technology versus community care The public is wedded to the notion of doctors’ surgeries and hospitals on every street corner.

article thumbnail

4 Corporate Communications Lessons From Hurricane Harvey

PRSay

When my family undertook major renovations on our house in 2014, we began by interviewing several contractors. Fortunately, nonprofits and religious communities helped organize relief efforts and connected volunteers with families in need. Thankfully, expert resources soon arrived, in some cases from faraway states, to guide them.

Corporate 107
article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

Offer pro bono services to a non-profit organisation in your community. Partner with a local influencer to promote your business on social media. Host a community cleanup event or volunteer day with employees and customers. Please support my blog by sharing it with other PR- and communication professionals. Business Plus.