Remove 2009 Remove Community Remove Corporate Remove Local
article thumbnail

PR Rock Stars: Medtronic’s Greg Zimprich

Communications Conversations

This role affords me the chance to both learn corporate finance and also to help translate the finance story for both the function as well as the broader company. First, it’s not atypical for corporate roles to require several years of experience, even at the most junior level. I’ve enjoyed roles on both sides during my 30-year career.

Sports 74
article thumbnail

How to Generate Leads From Social Conversations

Cision

Back in June of 2009, an engineer posted a seemingly random tweet: That individual might not have had many followers on Twitter, and more than likely only a fraction of them ever saw the tweet. Where these two networks excel, though, is that they all have communities that are open for the public to join and engage.

How To 198
article thumbnail

Industry Consolidation Continues Among PR Vendors; PR Tech Sum: Onclusive, SocialChorus, Teletrax, iQ Media, Agility PR Solutions

Sword and the Script

I’ll include news from the PR vendor community and review and curate content they produce ( like this ). SocialChorus ranked in the top 10 on a question for the 2019 JOTW Communications Survey asking PR respondents to rank PR vendors by familiarity and favorability. Surveys of the PR community or reporters ( see these ).

article thumbnail

Recap Part I: #PRStudChat Discusses PR Education & Learning

Deirdre Breakenridge

If you are looking for ways to improve your school’s PR program, here are several things that people like the most about their respective schools’ PR programs: community engagement, service-learning, active PRSSA chapters, guest speakers, group project, professor connections, and adjuncts. After all, PR folks are called pract itioners, right?

Education 150
article thumbnail

Can you Profit Directly from Content Marketing? Proceed with Caution

Sword and the Script

It is a solid book and I overwhelming believe it is worth reading (or listening) and does well by the content marketing community. These giants, often consumer-oriented corporations, have the pocket-depth to own events and sell tickets or sponsorships. This isn’t a reflexive reaction either. Red Bull, Johnson & Johnson).

article thumbnail

Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media September 28th, 2010 Tweet I haven’t been the biggest fan of my local energy company, Pepco, recently. That, I understand. Read All About It!

article thumbnail

A communicator’s guide to mitigating the risk of greenwashing

PR Conversations

Seeking value and deeper insight into a company’s long-term sustainability objectives and activities, attentive consumers and investors want to know that the company they are supporting is not profiting at the expense of the environment or people (such as employees or related communities). Moving beyond greenwashing.

Ethics 40