Remove Books Remove Community Remove Fashion Remove Print
article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Jody Fisher

Cision

Good clients are always forthcoming with information; good agencies take that information and fashion it into actionable ideas. My favorite book is…. If I had a billion dollars, I would… pay off my home, fund my kids’ college education and donate to charities doing great work in my local community.

article thumbnail

Can a PR Software Vendor Provide “Guaranteed” Editorial Placements? [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

I think this is an interesting idea – sponsored content should be part of the communicator’s toolkit – especially if you use paid media to achieve earned media goals. Old fashioned press releases and advertising can lead to bona fide editorial coverage. Notified adds coverage books. click image for higher resolution).

Software 126
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Essential Guide to Mass Communication: History, Methods, Ethics, and the Future

Masters in Communications

Mass communication is a subarea of communications studies in the US, and social science with some elements of physical science - especially when designing systems and technology to transmit messages. Typically, it is synonymous with broadcast and print media: radio, TV, and film (small and large screen), print media, and advertising.

Ethics 52
article thumbnail

What Goes in a Great Media Kit

ReimaginePR

Press kit used to mean kits meant exclusively for print outlets and technically it still does. Headshots of stiff CEO’s are pretty darned old fashioned. Again, the highest resolution and biggest photos you can manage are critical to anything print. Media Kit vs. Press Kit: In this day and age, they mean the same thing.

Media 120
article thumbnail

Compounding Returns: 5 Financial Analogies that Explain Good Content Marketing

Sword and the Script

When a business thinks about marketing as an investment , it works in a similar fashion, especially for business-to-business (B2B) organizations. In the book Killing Marketing , one of the authors describes three pillars of across a) digital b) print and c) events. 1) You must make deposits before you can withdraw.

article thumbnail

PR Interviews: Crosby Noricks 20:20 Vision

Norton's Notes

Hanson from Minnesota but this week it is with Crosby Noricks is the founder of PR Couture, co-presenter of the entry-level fashion PR workshop Fashion PR Confidential and author of Ready to Launch: The PR Couture Guide to Breaking into Fashion PR. As a communicator, I’m not sure what else there is. 13.

article thumbnail

Thank You, Fairy GoogleMother

Waxing UnLyrical

A metal blogger with appalling fashion sense and an out-of-control sausage roll fetish. I’ve expressed my sadness about legitimate music-sharing sites being shut down by Google’s pursuit of piracy, and about the Google Books debacle infringing upon the copyright of thousands of authors and photographers. It’s magical.

Google 50