Remove Advertising Remove Community Remove Local Remove Workshop
article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines with Phil Andrews

Cision

Public Relations Company, Phil has served as the Public Relations Director for a myriad of companies, community initiatives and professional organizations. I am planning on doing this by hosting a variety of forums, workshops and seminars in one of the most active regions in the world — the empire state.

Local 120
article thumbnail

20 of the Coolest Marketing Conferences to Attend in 2020

PR 20/20

Marketers will likely gravitate toward tracks including: Advertising and brand experience. Traffic & Conversion Summit 2020 will feature seven tracks including: big ideas, agencies only, digital retailers, digital advertisers, content marketers, conversational marketers and growth hackers. Experiential storytelling. Tech industry.

article thumbnail

Back to School! 3 Solo PR Pros on Becoming an Adjunct Instructor

Solo PR Pro

For many solo PR pros, the idea of becoming an adjunct instructor at a local college or university can be appealing. “With more programs moving online, opportunities to teach no longer have to be limited to your local university,” explains Kristie. DePaul University College of Communications, 2011 – 2022.

Education 107
article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

Offer pro bono services to a non-profit organisation in your community. Host free webinars or workshops on a topic related to your industry. Partner with a local influencer to promote your business on social media. Host a community cleanup event or volunteer day with employees and customers.

article thumbnail

Maxim Behar in The Career show podcast

Maxim Behar

The Shumen Theatre was the first theatre in Bulgaria, the Shumen Symphony Orchestra was the first, and the Shumen Community Center was the first in Bulgaria. My dad had sent me to learn the language at the local Community center and I knew only how to greet and say goodbye to people, but I still told him that I knew how to speak.

article thumbnail

How Google Instant Might Impact Your Small Non-Profit

Waxing UnLyrical

With Google Instant turned off, you come up with results for small local organizations including Washington Adventist Hospital Volunteer Services and Silver Spring Volunteers. While I have great respect for these two organizations, they are not local to my search. Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising costs might increase.

Google 101
article thumbnail

Beyond Your Borders: How to Work with Non-Local Clients

Solo PR Pro

Working with clients in your local area is a satisfying and viable way to run your independent consultancy. It can deepen your sense of community, reduce your need to travel and allow you to dominate your local market. Knowledge of the local culture and norms can also give you an advantage over out-of-area competitors.

Local 41