Remove 2009 Remove Community Remove Local Remove Writing
article thumbnail

Spotlight on a Solo PR Pro: Meet Stu Opperman, APR

Solo PR Pro

When he arrived on campus, however, he was amazed by the student-run broadcast stations, including radio and TV stations that would actually compete in the local market for ratings. “I Figuring he could brand himself as a media and broadcast expert with keen writing skills, he hoped someone would take a chance on him.

Meeting 131
article thumbnail

Recap Part I: #PRStudChat Discusses PR Education & Learning

Deirdre Breakenridge

Most schools offer the basic courses such as Introduction to PR, Writing, Research, Campaigns, Case Studies, and Crisis Communications. in Communication from Syracuse University, and her Ph.D. in Communication/Public Relations from University of Maryland. How has your PR education prepared you for your career?

Education 150
article thumbnail

How Google Instant Might Impact Your Small Non-Profit

Waxing UnLyrical

With Google Instant turned off, you come up with results for small local organizations including Washington Adventist Hospital Volunteer Services and Silver Spring Volunteers. While I have great respect for these two organizations, they are not local to my search. Mark as read Approve comment Nice write-up Erica!

Google 101
article thumbnail

Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media September 28th, 2010 Tweet I haven’t been the biggest fan of my local energy company, Pepco, recently. That, I understand. Wanna Subscribe? Shall We Tweet?

article thumbnail

PR Rock Stars: Medtronic’s Greg Zimprich

Communications Conversations

And finally, like most professional associations, we’re constantly battling for the time and attention of our members and the broader community of practice. Our box unveiling B-roll packages were used extensively by local and national TV outlets coast-to-coast, and it wasn’t unusual to get 1,000-plus broadcast placements.

Sports 74
article thumbnail

A communicator’s guide to mitigating the risk of greenwashing

PR Conversations

Angela Barter, CPRP, a sustainable communication strategist based in South Africa , drew from her presentation at the Global Alliance’s World PR Forum (May 2016, Toronto) when writing A communicator’s guide to mitigating the risk of greenwashing. Moving beyond greenwashing. Alternatively, contact her by email.

Ethics 40
article thumbnail

A communicator’s guide to mitigating the risk of greenwashing

PR Conversations

Angela Barter, CPRP, a sustainable communication strategist based in South Africa , drew from her presentation at the Global Alliance’s World PR Forum (May 2016, Toronto) when writing A communicator’s guide to mitigating the risk of greenwashing. Moving beyond greenwashing. Alternatively, contact her by email.

Ethics 40