Remove 2019 Remove Community Remove Crisis Communications Remove International
article thumbnail

Do we need PR in 2019?

Prakkypedia

With 13 days until 2019, let’s turn our attention to whether organisations still need PR. This involves listing all of your current communications methods and channels (enewsletters, industry networking, paid advertising, social media) alongside a list of all your stakeholders (customers, partners, suppliers, staff). What’s working?

article thumbnail

Crisis Management Lessons From Boeing’s 737 Max Disasters

PRSay

When two of Boeing’s new 737 MAX passenger jets crashed within five months of each other in late 2018 and early 2019, killing a total of 346 people in Ethiopia and Indonesia, the company faced the worst crisis in its 100-year history. In July 2019, we set up a $100 million fund, with $50 million for direct payments to families.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Volume and Variety of Communications Work is Shifting, Finds 5th Annual Survey of Comms Pros

Sword and the Script

.” In open-ended comments, respondents cite digital, internal comms and a greater focus on comms by leadership as among the underlying reasons. Some of those comments include the following: “Significantly more related to internal comms and recruiting.”. Stacey Miller , Vice President, Communications, Auto Care Association.

Survey 137
article thumbnail

From Online to Offline: Social Media Creates International Opportunities

Karen Freberg

When I shared my blog post about my sabbatical, Dan asked me if I would be willing to come out to Wellington for an invited talk to Victoria University and do a presentation on my work in social media and crisis communication. Now, fast forward to 2019, and it has been the most downloaded article for Public Relations Review.

article thumbnail

Public Relations Objectives

Doctor Spin

PR professionals control the narrative, mitigate damage, and restore public confidence during a crisis. Through consistent and effective communication, PR can sway public opinion in favour of the organisation, enhancing its reputation and standing in the community. Improve internal communications.

article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

Public service media is failing the public Thank you My thanks to the following communities and individuals. The project has brought me into contact with a new community of more than 50 thinkers and doers. The #FuturePRoof community goes from strength-to-strength. It’s pushed me to read more widely and think more critically.

article thumbnail

Conference Recap: Leaders on Facing Unimaginable Crises

PRSay

There’s a real ripple effect in communications and how you tell a story,” said Acker, who moderated the crisis keynote panel on Sunday afternoon at the PRSA 2019 International Conference in San Diego. Communities were at the center of everything we did,” she said. We are in this together. Put people first.