Remove 2009 Remove Community Remove Local Remove Measurement
article thumbnail

Industry Consolidation Continues Among PR Vendors; PR Tech Sum: Onclusive, SocialChorus, Teletrax, iQ Media, Agility PR Solutions

Sword and the Script

I’ll include news from the PR vendor community and review and curate content they produce ( like this ). Onclusive is developing new ways to measure PR including attribution. SocialChorus ranked in the top 10 on a question for the 2019 JOTW Communications Survey asking PR respondents to rank PR vendors by familiarity and favorability.

article thumbnail

The One When #measurePR Turned Five: Recap

Waxing UnLyrical

Shonali said that she enjoyed participating in PR chats, particularly when measurement issues were discussed—but noted that there was little being done to curate them. This was back in 2008-2009, so Shonali did what most of us do when we think about PR measurement. She called Katie Paine. SeeDepth Inc.

article thumbnail

Recap Part I: #PRStudChat Discusses PR Education & Learning

Deirdre Breakenridge

I resonate with what Valerie Simon tweeted, “A good PR education can change the way you research, question, plan and measure!” I have benefited tremendously through attending my school and other local schools’ PRSSA events and networking with professionals via social media, for example, participating in this awesome #PRStudChat.

Education 150
article thumbnail

How Google Instant Might Impact Your Small Non-Profit

Waxing UnLyrical

With Google Instant turned off, you come up with results for small local organizations including Washington Adventist Hospital Volunteer Services and Silver Spring Volunteers. While I have great respect for these two organizations, they are not local to my search. Of course, I am making some assumptions here.

Google 101
article thumbnail

Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media September 28th, 2010 Tweet I haven’t been the biggest fan of my local energy company, Pepco, recently. That, I understand. These fine folk did: Jan.

article thumbnail

When The Media Plays Scrooge

Waxing UnLyrical

It seems some of our local media can’t even do that. This is the one time of year we’re supposed to be a little more gracious, generous and forgiving… though, frankly, there’s absolutely no reason for any of that to disappear once the holidays are over. Greenbanana - Heather Yaxley Jon (Newman)'s PR 1.5

Media 89
article thumbnail

On Lists, Their Importance, And How To Get On One

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali On Lists, Their Importance, And How To Get On One February 8th, 2011 Tweet This post has been about a year and a half in the writing. Yes, really! For me, I tend to side with Kirsten.

How To 64