Remove Communications Remove Community Remove Crisis Communications Remove Enterprise
article thumbnail

The Capitol Riots: A Crisis Communication Retrospect

PRSay

The concept of crisis communications can elicit images of Olivia Pope on the ABC series “ Scandal ” rattling off a monologue to a slew of reporters. While not quite as cinematic in reality, crisis communications is at the heart of any professional communication enterprise. If we look at the U.S. institution.

article thumbnail

Do we need PR in 2019?

Prakkypedia

As long as reputation, stakeholders and relationships are important to organisations – across nonprofits, private enterprise, government and more – PR will continue to be useful and valuable. If you’re in the mood for PR housekeeping in the new year, you may want to: Conduct a communications audit. What’s working? Is anything missing?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

4 Solo PR Pros on How They Knew It Was The Right Time to Start Their Business

Solo PR Pro

If you're considering leaving a traditional agency or in-house communications gig to go out on your own, you probably have a lot on your mind. Learn from the experiences of: Kathy Casciani, Azul Communications. Elisa Smith, senior communications consultant. Is becoming a solo PR pro the right move for you?

Agency 108
article thumbnail

The Most Recommended PR Tech Vendors [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

It’s too much, too fast and too convenient for enterprises motivated by profit. If one primary role of a communicator is to be the conscious of the organization, then this is a good time to voice that consciousness. Out of respect, yesterday, I did not publish. But I did watch, listen and read. My instinct?

article thumbnail

PR Tech Briefing: How Cision Impact is Bringing Earned Media Attribution and Retargeting to Public Relations

Sword and the Script

PR pros that report to the CEO might be less interested, but I’d challenge that segment of our community to give it some thought. On our call, Cision suggested a potential use case in crisis communications – target readers of negative coverage with a statement. Advertising is a valid channel of communication.

article thumbnail

How Big Data Will Modernize Your Crisis Communications Plan

PRSay

For every enterprise, brand or organization, a crisis always looms as a persistent — yet inevitable — threat on the horizon. In today’s digitally-fueled world, the tiny spark of a crisis can erupt into a massive fire overnight, leaving a corporate brand and reputation in a heap of smoldering ashes.

article thumbnail

PR on a Budget: 10 Tips for Smarter Spending and Better Results

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

Equally important is recognizing what resonates best with your intended market — including their preferences and preferred communication channels- then delivering tailored content accordingly. Sometimes, it just takes a little community spirit.