Remove Branding Remove Community Remove Reddit Remove Reputation
article thumbnail

Reputation on social media – Comms must own it or lose it

NewsWhip

I’d like to focus on a particular group who are impacted by this new reality: the professionals charged with protecting corporate reputation. Aggressively adapting to this future is going to be a requirement for these professionals to maintain their responsibility for reputation strategy – and their professional relevance. .

article thumbnail

Introducing Crisis Dashboard

NewsWhip

For global companies, reputation is the new gold. According to Gartner’s 2020 survey , CMOs, who once sought brand awareness above all else, now seek positive brand perception and trust. They’re right to do so: In 2020, one in two consumers globally say that lockdown has made them more likely to buy from brands they trust.

Crisis 158
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

My Take on the Fake News Debate

Flack's Revenge

If they don’t, their brands and reputations (and hence businesses) will take a beating. Reddit’s r/news/world Community used a Series of Nudges to Push Users to Fact-check News. I completely disagree. No one wants to spend time in places where there is lots of junk. Who Should Judge Truth?

Reddit 168
article thumbnail

What is Predictive Media Intelligence?

NewsWhip

The media ecosystem seems to have all the predictability of a storm, with reputation threats, crises and major news events exploding on millions of potential vectors. . Today, our own predictive intelligence is used by most of the world’s leading newsrooms, all global PR firms, and a fast growing cohort of global consumer brands and NGOs. .

Media 88
article thumbnail

The Ugly Side of Social Media Sharing

Waxing UnLyrical

I love the collaborative energy, thoughts and community. ” 3) Without asking or anyone else knowing, Susan’s friend’s boyfriend saw the picture, thought it was funny, uploaded it to Imgur, and posted it to Reddit. Guest post by Jenelle Conner. I am a social media advocate. It’s where I work. No harm intended.

article thumbnail

Fake news about brands — a new era of reputation management

PR in High Definition

But a recent trend has seen fake news begin to target brands. Fake news has already caused havoc in the political sphere and causes reputational damage. To combat this, PR professionals must think about how to use listening tools and utilise community management to combat any fake news that does arise about their brand.

article thumbnail

How do you do media monitoring?

NewsWhip

But since the digital tsunami that has taken over society began some 20 years ago, brands have had to adapt and become much more cognizant of how they’re viewed and talked about on the web. Whether that be in a published article or a single tweet thread, one poor mention can make or break a brand’s reputation. .

Media 78