Remove Brand Remove Community Remove Reddit Remove Viral
article thumbnail

Less “let’s go viral” and more “let’s build community”

Communications Conversations

While Holmes talked about how we’re in the midst of transitioning to a post-social-media landscape, I envision another stark trend: The comeback of community. As Holmes states, years ago the frequent ask from brands and clients was: “We want this to go viral.” Your brand was just getting started on Facebook.

Viral 98
article thumbnail

How to Leverage Emotions to Boost Digital PR

Cision

In fact, consumers think of brands and products as something, or someone, that could address their emotional needs. Fractl, a digital marketing firm, carried out a surveyed of 400 people asking them to record their emotional responses to 100 of the top images from Reddit’s r/pics community. Humanize Your Brand.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Ugly Side of Social Media Sharing

Waxing UnLyrical

I love the collaborative energy, thoughts and community. The image went viral. ” 3) Without asking or anyone else knowing, Susan’s friend’s boyfriend saw the picture, thought it was funny, uploaded it to Imgur, and posted it to Reddit. Guest post by Jenelle Conner. I am a social media advocate. The crazy part?

article thumbnail

The Most Recommended PR Tech Vendors [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

And it seems brands are rushing to weigh in. Brands are deeply saddened ,” as Edward Nevraumont wrote. “As As much as we personify brands, we need to remember that they cannot feel anything.” The company also says it has doubled “the amount of content from Reddit” for media monitoring. But I did watch, listen and read.

article thumbnail

#17: How PepsiCo’s Creators League transforms trends into brand activations

NewsWhip

How PepsiCo’s Creators League transforms trends into brand activations. Turning insights into brand content | 8:18-9:58. Exploring different platforms: TikTok, Clubhouse, and Reddit | 17:28-20:06. And, I think progressing in that role, I started to not just look at brand conversations, right? Watch webinar.

Trends 78
article thumbnail

13 Marketing Lessons I Learned Growing My Startup to $2 Million in Revenue

Contently - Strategy

Those experiences came in handy when I started Remote Tools , an online community for remote workers. But starting—and maintaining—and online community brought its own set of challenges. One of my LinkedIn posts went viral. However, the same day, we had huge success on Reddit, to the tune of 150,000 visitors in 24 hours.

Marketing 106
article thumbnail

Casting the future: Our predictions and trends for 2024

NewsWhip

We love to see how viral trends and news erupt on the internet, but at NewsWhip, we’re also working to understand what it all means, especially as our media ecosystem becomes more fragmented. Where it does appear is in the groups and communities that people cultivate on the platform, the places where people choose to spend their time.

Trends 78