Remove Article Remove Community Remove Local Remove Public Affairs
article thumbnail

The Different Types of Public Relations: A Complete Guide

Stern + Associates

On one hand, businesses want to communicate important information to their customers, and on the other, customers and other stakeholders want to be informed about the business and its products or services. Public relations helps to bridge the gap between these two entities. There are many ways to build community relations.

article thumbnail

The Intersection Of Public Relations And Public Policy: A Strategic Approach

Landis PR

Unlike those involved in federal politics, local and state officials are more regularly out and about in their communities, presenting frequent opportunities for direct, ongoing engagement. The other major opportunity for PR pros in the public policy world is to contribute to thoughtful, coordinated messaging.

article thumbnail

Thoughts on Balancing Your Professional Work and Your Activism

PRSay

Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, where I now live, and contributed my professional skills to local chapters of Indivisible and Black Lives Matter. Those of us who are activists may be reluctant to go public about our affiliations for fear of losing clients or alienating the boss or C-suite. I have marched the streets of Washington, D.C.,

System 187
article thumbnail

Lack of women leaders in PR? Not in Minneapolis!

Communications Conversations

In this Sunday’s edition of the Star Tribune, there was an interesting column about a major kerfuffle in the local restaraurant industry. How many articles have we read about the lack of women leaders in PR? Literally an institution in the local PR community. Dustee Jenkins, vice president-communications, Target.

article thumbnail

BAME voices takeover #FuturePRoof for fourth book

Stephen Waddington

Sarah Waddington has handed over #FuturePRoof to the BAME community for her latest book. Her goal was to create a platform to assert the value of public relations as a strategic management function and promote best practice. Along the way she has published three books and created a vibrant community. Anouchka Burton.

article thumbnail

#20: Building the bridge between infrastructure and data-driven media intelligence

NewsWhip

Brett: So, I guess is that, when we chatted before, I mean, that’s really the definition of a data-driven public affairs agency, correct? I mean, infrastructure is like the most local thing and the most global thing that you can imagine all at the same time. It really has to be at the center of what you do.

Data 78
article thumbnail

PRoust Questionnaire: Kim Blanchette

PR Conversations

I also appreciate the sense of community. If I’m at work, I’m reading Simon Sinek or Jon Ronson or just about any article published in the Harvard Business Review. Understanding the social, economic, and political environment around you is crucial, so staying current on local, national, and global events is essential to me.

Energy 53