Remove Advertising Remove Community Remove Comparison Remove Local
article thumbnail

These are the local publishers getting engagement in the U.S. and U.K.

NewsWhip

We looked back at the local publishers that are seeing significant engagement in two different countries, looking at both the United States and the United Kingdom. . So we decided to analyze the local stories and publishers that are getting the most public interest. Local-national publishers. The top local U.S.

Local 88
article thumbnail

Can you Profit Directly from Content Marketing? Proceed with Caution

Sword and the Script

It is a solid book and I overwhelming believe it is worth reading (or listening) and does well by the content marketing community. Sometimes the examples are businesses that are able to sell advertising across digital sites they’ve built. During a recent visit to a local range, I noticed the book on the counter for $24.99.

article thumbnail

Hopes, Dreams and Sage Advice: 40+ Marketing and PR predictions for 2023

Sword and the Script

And, given the vast amount of time I pour into writing about PR technology , I’m really pleased with the long list of contributions from the PR technology vendor community. a) Many community newspapers going away and hopefully still being available in some kind of online format. Strengthening community-building and connections.

Marketing 190
article thumbnail

Digital Diplomacy

Waxing UnLyrical

Where does the mainland Europe market fit into this US/UK comparison? That said, there are lots of very creative people in the UK and great things going on in tech (like Tweetdeck ), creative ( Moshi Monsters ), as well as advertising and PR. In the US, many brands run programs that are miles ahead of what they do here or in Europe.

article thumbnail

#20: Building the bridge between infrastructure and data-driven media intelligence

NewsWhip

I mean, infrastructure is like the most local thing and the most global thing that you can imagine all at the same time. It’s local, because it literally becomes part of the world around you. Talking Points. Agency of the future | Jump to text. Partnerships with technology | Jump to text. Zach: Yeah, that’s exactly right.

Data 78
article thumbnail

Public relations in 2018

Stephen Waddington

It’s an issue that she’s sought to promote over the past two years through the #FuturePRoof community. Finally, there’s a growing community of practice between academics, teachers and practitioners, around issues such as diversity, gender and fake news. Unfortunately the same isn’t true for local media. 10 Communities as media.

Publicity 164
article thumbnail

The Essential Guide to Mass Communication: History, Methods, Ethics, and the Future

Masters in Communications

It is not something often said about mass communication, but it is so integral to our lives - and always has been - that it is easy to take the dissemination of information and its associated methods and tools for granted. Mass communication aims to meet these needs.

Ethics 52