Remove 2014 Remove Community Remove Ethics Remove Local
article thumbnail

Blog Contest Winner: How The FEEL Model Can Get You Closer to Your Goals

Deirdre Breakenridge

Back in 2014, I made a comment on Facebook about the movie Dear White People. I scored lowest (love of mission) in the area that I expected and higher (or highest) in those areas that I expected (empathy and ethics), as well. A Guest Post By Keke Ellis, American University Grad Student, FEEL Blog Post Winner.

Blogging 239
article thumbnail

Meeting CIPR President candidate Mandy Pearse

Stephen Waddington

I valued Mandy’s counsel on CIPR Governance issues and engagement with public sector communications communities during my time as President in 2014. As an MBA holder she’s among a group of practitioners that have been driving communications at board level for more than two decades. How do we overcome this challenge?

Meeting 96
article thumbnail

Importance of a PR Degree and How to Use a Public Relations Degree

5W PR

In a recent article, we cited a study that estimated that public relations would grow about 6% between 2014 and 2024 and that U.S. These include strategic planning and communication, new and social media, organizational planning, broadcasting, as well as media relations and writing.

article thumbnail

(Ad)vice: 3 Marketers at Controversial Companies Explain Their Methods

Contently - Strategy

In January 2014, fresh off yet another trip to North Korea, Rodman checked himself into rehab. Josem said some of these sites stretch the limits of ethical, legal gambling to the breaking point. To change that perception, PokerStars started by celebrating big winners locally , away from a computer screen.

Company 105
article thumbnail

Hopes, Dreams and Sage Advice: 40+ Marketing and PR predictions for 2023

Sword and the Script

And, given the vast amount of time I pour into writing about PR technology , I’m really pleased with the long list of contributions from the PR technology vendor community. a) Many community newspapers going away and hopefully still being available in some kind of online format. Strengthening community-building and connections.

Marketing 190
article thumbnail

22 PR Rock Stars of the Future

Communications Conversations

Because of Kathryn’s diligence, professionalism and work ethic, she was selected to represent USM for the Sales and Marketing Professionals of the Pine Belt’s Rising Star at Work Intern Program. She hopes to combine her experience in human resources and her passion for public relations into a career in internal communications.

Sports 0
article thumbnail

Journalism and News Trends for PR Pros

Cision

Buzzfeed , best-known for light list-based content, now runs regular long-form stories about topics such the local economic impact of Spaceport America and the suicide of a corrections officer who reported his colleagues for abuses. Its UK office announced that it’s starting to cover more local news. More data journalism.