Remove 2007 Remove Community Remove Crisis Remove Local
article thumbnail

Future of local news report is a grim read

Stephen Waddington

Social media has replaced local news in communities across the UK. It is weakening community engagement and participation in local democracy. The collapse of local news is a crisis that has played out in plain sight over the past two decades. Local news has faced an assault on two fronts.

Local 112
article thumbnail

Future of local news report is a grim read

Wadds Inc.

Social media has replaced local news in communities across the UK. It is weakening community engagement and participation in local democracy. The collapse of local news is a crisis that has played out in plain sight over the past two decades. Local news has faced an assault on two fronts.

Local 59
article thumbnail

How and Why PR Should Be Involved in Social Media Marketing

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

Partnering with local influencers, they showcased their commitment to sustainability and community, driving both online engagement and foot traffic. He has been involved with search engine optimization and internet marketing since 2007. Analyzing the impact The analytical side of social media offers a treasure trove of data.

article thumbnail

How to Do A Digital Detox? 7 Ways to Unplug

wiredPRworks

I’ve made conference calls from quiet laundry rooms, written blog posts in local libraries, and managed interviews [with a driver] on busy expressways. Don’t Crash – Activate a Crisis Plan. Imagine the worst-case scenario and then put plans in place to avert any crisis. It’s not always work. I was not happy.

How To 98
article thumbnail

Startup PR Myths Busted, via NY Tech Meetup

Flack's Revenge

The NY Tech Meetup mail list is a great way to keep up with the local tech community and make connections. Since 2007 this blog has been dedicated to educating about PR. Miles Rose: I’ve seen PR from $3,000 a month to in excess of $10,000 and literally millions for crisis management.

Agency 159
article thumbnail

Refreshing PR Conversations Redux

PR Conversations

Five long years, and after nearly 600 PR Conversation posts , we’ve refreshed the look and feel, but continue to offer a platform for informed discussion, where a wide variety of voices can converse about public relations in a global-local context.

article thumbnail

Constructing the Organizational Narrative: PR definition in the making

PR Conversations

Ira Basen’s 2007 six-part, award-winning CBC Radio Show, Spin Cycles: the spin, the spinners and the spun , proved to be highly influential for me. Often it is only during an economic downturn or a crisis that the value of a consistent and honest organizational narrative is realized fully. A bit of the back story.