Remove 2014 Remove Community Remove Local Remove Newspapers
article thumbnail

Sponsored content? Who’s fooling whom?

Tough Sledding

Especially for those in the biz formerly known as newspaper publishing. BTW, this story — first published on October 20, 2014 — appeared under yesterday’s “Latest Stories” heading. And it has me wondering why communicators have to be so sneaky. Life if tough all over.

article thumbnail

Hopes, Dreams and Sage Advice: 40+ Marketing and PR predictions for 2023

Sword and the Script

And, given the vast amount of time I pour into writing about PR technology , I’m really pleased with the long list of contributions from the PR technology vendor community. a) Many community newspapers going away and hopefully still being available in some kind of online format. Strengthening community-building and connections.

Marketing 190
article thumbnail

22 PR Rock Stars of the Future

Communications Conversations

On top of all that, she has also served as a DJ for the campus radio station, feature writer for both the student newspaper and yearbook, and as a sports nutrition PR intern. She hopes to combine her experience in human resources and her passion for public relations into a career in internal communications.

Sports 0
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Jordyn Grzelewski, Autos & Business Reporter at The Detroit News

Bianchi Biz Blog

The industry is undergoing one of its most significant evolutions in history, so we are producing lots of coverage about what that means in terms of new vehicles , investments, and profits, but also how this transition stands to affect consumers as well as the workers and communities that power the industry. I worked there for about 4.5

Meeting 95
article thumbnail

Journalism and News Trends for PR Pros

Cision

Buzzfeed , best-known for light list-based content, now runs regular long-form stories about topics such the local economic impact of Spaceport America and the suicide of a corrections officer who reported his colleagues for abuses. Its UK office announced that it’s starting to cover more local news. More data journalism.

article thumbnail

How I 1st-Drafted an 87,000-Word Self-Help Book over 46 Days in 2018*

ZudePR

In 2014, I spent the entire year obsessed with SEO and digital marketing. I’d been business blogging since early 2014, and diligently sending out helpful stuff to my email list subscribers since early 2015. (I However, I spent most of the time working at my local health club for the sociability. Hold on a Minute. What book? #1

Writing 83
article thumbnail

PR Rock Stars (of the future): 19 new college grads ready to take over the world

Communications Conversations

She is editor-in-chief of The Winonan , WSU’s campus newspaper; she is president of the WSU Public Relations Student Society of America chapter; and she is executive director of the WSU St. His work in analytics while at Penn State was used as part of a presentation to the local minor league affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals.

Groups 60