Remove 2006 Remove Community Remove Creativity Remove Local
article thumbnail

How Can Financial Services Organizations Use Social Media?

wiredPRworks

Get ready to get creative in new ways that connect brands, experiences, and customers – while you’re still in compliance! About Chris McGuire, Director Of Client Growth and Engagement at McGuffin Creative Group, and President-Elect of AMA Chicago. Learn more about McGuffin Creative Group. Connect with Chris McGuire on LinkedIn.

article thumbnail

#IGNSummerofGaming Attendees to Comment Live with Yappa

wiredPRworks

Way, way, way back in 2006 I wrote about how we got the Nintendo Wii in eight minutes. Thanks so much to Kristin Loretta of Kristin Joy Public Relations for providing the following creative content and inside scoop on the Yappa story. Who loves video games? And, every summer my family talks about what’s next at E3.

Video 52
article thumbnail

Asda newsdesk story discovery supports authentic PR engagement

Stephen Waddington

We’ve been helping Asda’s PR team with a strategic programme to showcase the uniquely warm relationship between Asda colleagues and customers – and Asda stores’ commitment to make a difference in their local communities. Community champions in Asda stores around the UK submit stories via a mobile phone app.

article thumbnail

Back to School! 3 Solo PR Pros on Becoming an Adjunct Instructor

Solo PR Pro

For many solo PR pros, the idea of becoming an adjunct instructor at a local college or university can be appealing. “With more programs moving online, opportunities to teach no longer have to be limited to your local university,” explains Kristie. “It gives me additional credibility among my peers and clients.”

Education 107
article thumbnail

3 Things Puppies and Kittens Taught Me About Becoming Influential

Waxing UnLyrical

Creativity begets attention, which begets influence. That was part of the reason I was hired in 2006, along with two other extremely talented and creative PR professionals; to make over the organization’s PR function. Part of this creative momentum resulted in the first-ever “ASPCA Day” on April 10, 2007. Puppies ftw!

article thumbnail

8 Questions with Syracuse University’s Sports Legend, Michael Veley

Critical Mention

In this fascinating discussion, we chatted with Michael about his tips for breaking into sports marketing/PR, what it’s like to plan a national championship celebration in two days and the creative way he handled public outcry to a bold move he made. Be unconventional, creative and entrepreneurial in your thinking and approach in life.

Sports 60
article thumbnail

How to Get On in New Communications: Be Nice

ZudePR

My lightbulb went off when I saw the more I gave freely the more creative I became and yes, the more money I make in the present and long run. For me, as a local government employee, there are clear political boundaries. Displaced Yank Doug is co-founder and creative director of Velocity Partners. Internet lifestyle junkie.