article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Molly Boigon, Tech and Innovation Reporter at Automotive News

Bianchi Biz Blog

I had a great time filming a piece with our video team in which we charged an EV at a regional supermarket and bought the ingredients for a Boston Cooler, an ice cream float that is famous in Detroit. Before joining AN, I covered the Haredi (ultra-Orthodox Jewish) communities of New York. What story or stories are you most proud of?

article thumbnail

Platinum Jubilee: BBC heals rift with Palace after high-level talks ahead of all-star party TV coverage

Mark My Words

Home recordings filmed by the Queen, her parents and the Duke of Edinburgh are among a treasure trove of private family footage released by the Royal Household for a BBC documentary Elizabeth: The Unseen Queen, which airs on May 29. newspapers demanded. The Rajan film didn’t seem to go down that well,” Mr Borkowski suggested.

Film 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How PR and corporate communications can use animated gifs

Stuart Bruce

In Harry Potter newspaper pictures are alive with characters that move. As public relations and corporate communications needs to become increasingly more visual gifs are one of the easiest and most effective ways to do it. The gif which shows the impact of different community choices was covered by The Washington Post.

article thumbnail

The Complete Guide to PR Stunts

5W PR

Community Involvement. Newspapers, commercials and billboards aren’t ineffective, but these days the Internet spreads ideas the quickest. Participants had twenty – four hours to film themselves dumping a bucket of ice water on their own heads, and put that footage on their preferred social media platform.If

article thumbnail

The Essential Guide to Mass Communication: History, Methods, Ethics, and the Future

Masters in Communications

Mass communication is a subarea of communications studies in the US, and social science with some elements of physical science - especially when designing systems and technology to transmit messages. Typically, it is synonymous with broadcast and print media: radio, TV, and film (small and large screen), print media, and advertising.

Ethics 52
article thumbnail

Maxim Behar in The Career show podcast

Maxim Behar

You can't do that sort of thing in a newspaper or on TV. The Shumen Theatre was the first theatre in Bulgaria, the Shumen Symphony Orchestra was the first, and the Shumen Community Center was the first in Bulgaria. Host: Then in those years when you were in the plant you made your first newspaper? I lay flowers and remember her.

article thumbnail

Silver Anvil Preview: 5 Questions With NY1’s Pat Kiernan

PRSay

Here, the TV personality — known for his “In the Papers” feature humorously summarizing the New York daily newspapers — talks about engaging an audience, storytelling, the newsgathering process and work-life balance. You began your news career in 1988 and have been an on-air personality since the early 1990s.

Wireless 102