Remove Brand Remove Community Remove Nonprofit Remove Public Affairs
article thumbnail

Research, Communication Crucial Before Collaborating With Influencers

PRSay

In my view, Kelley’s performances and social media brand demonstrate that active-duty service members can also pursue off-duty passions as artists. Professional communicators might encounter the same challenges when promoting their organizations via think tanks, academic intuitions, nonprofit organizations and traditional media.

article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Travis Taylor

Cision

After I graduated, Safety Center Incorporated, the Sacramento, California nonprofit behind the initiative, hired me to implement the plan. Everything we do, from multicultural engagement and community building to corporate communications, reputation management and crisis communications, is built on the foundation of our “Brand PR” approach.

Nonprofit 120
article thumbnail

Transformational CSR: When a pro-bono client metamorphizes into a cultural change agent within an agency

Waxing UnLyrical

For most companies, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) means giving back to the surrounding community. Companies choose to give because it’s the right thing to do, and it directly impacts the communities in which their employees live and work. Dawn Buzynski leads the award-winning public relations team at Strategic America.

Agency 80
article thumbnail

The Value of Strategic Communications in the PRSA MBA/Business School Program

PRSay

The committee recently hosted a webinar for program faculty to discuss trends in strategic communications and best practices in teaching the course. Oppe begins with branding and helps students craft their personal narrative. She also employs nonprofit organization examples and often draws on other WVU faculty.

article thumbnail

The 4-1-1 on the (Not So) New Marketing Trend: Influencer Marketing

Waxing UnLyrical

In simple terms, influencer marketing is word-of-mouth marketing where third-party persons with an established and engaged audience share information about brands they like or don’t like. Then, just as with journalists, we cannot expect to control what influencers do or what they say about our brand. So, what is influencer marketing?

Trends 77
article thumbnail

The most important ethics priority for healthcare communicators – Kena Lewis

Ethical Voices

She is the Senior Director of Public Affairs and Media Relations at Orlando Health. The most important ethics priority for healthcare communicators. I did a stint in the nonprofit sector, which I want to say, if you really want to get to know a community, the nonprofit sector is something you should do.

article thumbnail

Going Beyond Media Relations: Other Services Solo PR Pros Can Offer

Solo PR Pro

Here's how the Public Relations Society of America defines public relations : “Public relations is a strategic communication process that builds mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and their publics.”. It’s just not really possible to separate these four critical communications channels.