Remove 2005 Remove Community Remove Internal Remove Local
article thumbnail

In Memoriam: Patrick Pollino, APR, Fellow PRSA

PRSay

He served in local, regional and national positions with PRSA, including as president of Boston’s PRSA Chapter. Pollino chaired the 1998 PRSA International Conference (today known as ICON) in Boston. He officially retired in 2005, although he continued consulting for several additional years.

Local 78
article thumbnail

The Complete Guide to PR Stunts

5W PR

” When the business finally revealed that it was emerging as the international house of burgers, an outcry ensued from unhappy customers. Community Involvement. In 2005, Snapple tried to make the world’s largest Popsicle. The intention can be to raise financial contributions or just increase awareness of a specific issue.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

8 Questions with Syracuse University’s Sports Legend, Michael Veley

Critical Mention

You were the Associate Athletic Director for External Affairs at Syracuse University from 1995-2005. My favorite is when we outsourced our media rights to Learfield/International Sports Properties in 1999. He is an active leader throughout the local and statewide sport communities, as well as the industry on an international level.

Sports 60
article thumbnail

New Year’s Honours 2015

Stuart Bruce

She’s currently the chair of Global Alliance (the confederation of the world’s major PR and communication management associations and institutions), but has also been president of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (in fact under her leadership we finally achieved chartered status).

Ethics 95
article thumbnail

Digital Diplomacy

Waxing UnLyrical

I was also an early user , and in 2005 Ogilvy London offered me a job as Interactive Creative Director. Broadband access, and how people use digital in their real lives, is reflected in how marketers use digital in their communications. So I moved here from San Francisco. As an Anglophile, it was always a goal to work in the UK.

article thumbnail

Emergency communications in the era of social media

Presspage

Since Wilma in 2005, no hurricanes have made landfall with such destructive power. The Cape Verde type hurricane was typed as the most intense since Dean in 2005. Miami International Airport had to deal with a video of Mexico City's airport that on social was claimed to be at Miami International.

article thumbnail

#13: When brands are more trusted than media

NewsWhip

And while there are some longer-term themes that we’ve been paying attention to over the years, for instance as early as 2005, we noted that shift in trust from authority figures to people like myself. And should we perhaps think about internal communications, a little more strategically, rather than as a tactical thing?

Brand 78