Remove 2004 Remove Community Remove Corporate Remove Leadership
article thumbnail

Celebrating the PR Profession’s LGBTQ Community

PRSay

Galloway, a Gold Anvil recipient who served as president and CEO of PRSA in 2004, shared some of his thoughts about the LGBTQ community and how the work of PR professionals is crucial for promoting and preserving diversity and inclusion. I think corporations have genuinely embraced diversity and inclusion, some better than others.

Community 107
article thumbnail

Helsinki, Finland – Growth Path Ahead

Landis PR

For us, communications is the world’s most powerful tool for change. Flow is a city festival in August that has been organized in Helsinki annually since 2004. The festival pays attention to its impact on the local community, residents, and the environment and works determinedly to cut down its harmful effects.

Radio 64
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The four Ps of public relations leadership

PR Conversations

The chair of the Global Alliance introduces the Madrid Momentum ( Learning to Lead ) and details four Ps that constitute the cornerstones of PR leadership. The four Ps of public relations leadership. By Anne Gregory, PhD, FCIPR. It allows thinking to mature as consciously and unconsciously we reflect and internalise what has happened.

article thumbnail

The Importance of PR Skills in a Hyper-Globalized World

PRSay

By 2004, Mitsubishi was forced to leave the DaimlerChrysler alliance. Mitsubishi’s history of scandals suggested an unethical corporate culture. Without using the word “stakeholder,” he explained that Nissan understood the anxiety of its employees, communities, suppliers and dealers about the acquisition.

Ethics 264
article thumbnail

Can we press release that? 15 stories about the public relations industry (you won’t believe #10)

Stephen Waddington

It’s an overview of industry issues as discussed by my community of practice. I started an online community of practice at the outset of the pandemic. There are some topics that come up time and time again in the community. Press releases are well understood in organisations and used as a general-purpose form of communication.

Industry 153
article thumbnail

How Harry’s very LA relaunch has only just begun

Mark My Words

The former Royal’s first foray into the corporate world has seen him take up the role of chief impact officer at Silicon Valley coaching firm BetterUp, while also sitting alongside Rupert Murdoch’s daughter-in-law on a commission aiming to fight “misinformation”. Now people desire to give back and give back support to the community.”

article thumbnail

3 former PR pros who made mid-career shifts and lived to talk about it

Communications Conversations

You could replace “agency life” with “corporate life” and insert a whole other sub-set of people, too. Kelly Groehler, Tim Westermeyer and Betsy Andersen all traded in their corporate and agency PR careers for work in another field. They all knew that I had no interest in returning to a corporate role.

Apparel 106