Remove Branding Remove Community Remove Customer Service Remove Reddit
article thumbnail

Less “let’s go viral” and more “let’s build community”

Communications Conversations

While Holmes talked about how we’re in the midst of transitioning to a post-social-media landscape, I envision another stark trend: The comeback of community. As Holmes states, years ago the frequent ask from brands and clients was: “We want this to go viral.” Your brand was just getting started on Facebook.

Viral 98
article thumbnail

Four social media channels most communicators overlook

Communications Conversations

I’d like to cast the spotlight on them for a moment and talk about the existing audiences you’ll find there, and the potential uses for brands (and which types of brands might find them most helpful). So, this is a great place for brands to establish authority by simply answering customer questions.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Ugly Side of Social Media Sharing

Waxing UnLyrical

I love the collaborative energy, thoughts and community. ” 3) Without asking or anyone else knowing, Susan’s friend’s boyfriend saw the picture, thought it was funny, uploaded it to Imgur, and posted it to Reddit. Guest post by Jenelle Conner. I am a social media advocate. It’s where I work. No harm intended.

article thumbnail

The Most Recommended PR Tech Vendors [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

And it seems brands are rushing to weigh in. Brands are deeply saddened ,” as Edward Nevraumont wrote. “As As much as we personify brands, we need to remember that they cannot feel anything.” The company also says it has doubled “the amount of content from Reddit” for media monitoring. But I did watch, listen and read.