Remove 2021 Remove Community Remove Crisis Management Remove Local
article thumbnail

The Importance of Social Media in Crisis Management

Prohibition

Social media is an increasingly important element in a successful crisis management approach. With the recent increase in the use of social media in crisis situations, organisations across all sectors need to understand the benefits of incorporating it into their crisis plan. What is Crisis Management?

article thumbnail

COVID-19: Lessons of Past Pandemics Are More Timely Than Ever for Crisis Management

PRSay

Communications should speak first to the families and communities affected by the virus, and explain what the organization is doing to help them. As communicators, it’s our job to not only keep dangerous misinformation from spreading, but to also actively disseminate the truth. Keep people first. Enlist employees.

article thumbnail

Challenges and changes for PR in 2021

Stephen Waddington

Issues and crisis management have come to the fore as companies are forced to react to economic factors and as misinformation about COVID-19 continues to spread, placing a sharper focus on tackling fake news and the need for customer transparency and honesty.

article thumbnail

How a World-Class Convention Center Became a Beacon of Hope During the Pandemic

PRSay

As part of the PRSA Storytellers series , Tony Sclafani, the Javits Center’s senior vice president and chief communications officer, spoke to PRSA Publications Director John Elsasser. On emergencies and crisis planning: The Javits Center was a staging area for first responders after 9/11. We’re proud of what we’ve done.

Crisis 86
article thumbnail

Hopes, Dreams and Sage Advice: 40+ Marketing and PR predictions for 2023

Sword and the Script

And, given the vast amount of time I pour into writing about PR technology , I’m really pleased with the long list of contributions from the PR technology vendor community. a) Many community newspapers going away and hopefully still being available in some kind of online format. Strengthening community-building and connections.

Marketing 192
article thumbnail

2022 Brands in Motion: Global Ethics Insights – Rebecca Wilson

Ethical Voices

The communication industry is so broad, but I feel like I’ve landed in a really exciting intersection that’s allowed me to specialize in more niche areas such as investor relations, board, and executive advisory work, issues and crisis management, and, purpose-driven coms, ESG, and sustainability. It absolutely is.

Ethics 73
article thumbnail

#20: Building the bridge between infrastructure and data-driven media intelligence

NewsWhip

JUNE 18, 2021 | 11:30am EST / 4:30pm GMT. I was thinking when we were first talking about brainstorming, what is now the crisis management feature on Spike. I mean, infrastructure is like the most local thing and the most global thing that you can imagine all at the same time. Watch webinar. Read transcript.

Data 78