Remove 2007 Remove Community Remove Local Remove Print
article thumbnail

Future of local news report is a grim read

Stephen Waddington

Social media has replaced local news in communities across the UK. It is weakening community engagement and participation in local democracy. The collapse of local news is a crisis that has played out in plain sight over the past two decades. Local news has faced an assault on two fronts.

Local 112
article thumbnail

Future of local news report is a grim read

Wadds Inc.

Social media has replaced local news in communities across the UK. It is weakening community engagement and participation in local democracy. The collapse of local news is a crisis that has played out in plain sight over the past two decades. Local news has faced an assault on two fronts.

Local 59
article thumbnail

New book tells the story of the closure of the corner shop

Stephen Waddington

I’ve worked with my Mum on a new edition of A Shop on Every Corner, a book that she originally wrote with my Dad in 2007. It’s a social history of the local economy of a corner of York. The book is split into six sections, plotting the social history of a local economy of a corner of York.

Local 78
article thumbnail

Acting Ethically Means Going Beyond Performative Action – Candace Hamana

Ethical Voices

I got my start in public relations, interestingly enough, doing political campaigns and community organizing back in South Carolina in 2007. I felt very compelled and impassioned with the work that I was doing in the communities in the South, the hotbed of retail politics.

Ethics 81