Remove 2003 Remove Community Remove Local Remove Media Relations
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Doug Bolduc, Managing Editor at Automotive News Europe

Bianchi Biz Blog

It won an award from the National Newspaper Association for community service. I started writing professionally at 17 years old as a sports correspondent for my local newspaper, the Milford (NH) Cabinet. I’ve been with Automotive News Europe since 2003. What is your top pet peeve with PR people?

article thumbnail

The sunsetting of one of Minnesota’s most successful all-time blogs–the MN PR Blog

Communications Conversations

Since, 2003, to be exact. So, I thought it was worth commemorating since the MN PR Blog has been an instrumental part of the local PR community for 15+ years. Like I said, Ryan started the blog in 2003. ” Joel Swanson, vice president-marketing & communications, Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union.

article thumbnail

Entertainment & Sports Section New Member Spotlight

PRSay

I was able to jump in there with the media relations and publication relations teams at a time the country was on fire with Olympic pride and the Olympic movement was more popular than ever. Using local resources is huge. It was a really great time to be a part of the organization.

Sports 68
article thumbnail

8 Questions with Syracuse University’s Sports Legend, Michael Veley

Critical Mention

If an issue of this magnitude occurs, the PR and messaging doesn’t come from the Athletic Department, but rather from the University’s News or Media Relations department. Which sports public relations, marketing or event moment are you most proud of and why? First, I never try to play “Monday Morning Quarterback.”

Sports 60
article thumbnail

When Tragedy Strikes in Sports – Making the Right Call with Your PR Plan

PRSay

Designate a spokesperson : As with all crisis situations, when those in sports and with teams are faced with tragedy, a part of your plan should include who the designated spokesperson is as well as those who speak with the player’s family and community. If they see you unraveling, it doesn’t exude a great deal of confidence.

Sports 60