article thumbnail

On March 24th, The #PRStudChat Community Discusses How to Land Your 1st Job Like a PRo!

Deirdre Breakenridge

Jennie, her students (#DonohuePRCases) and the #PRStudChat community will cover several topics during this chat sponsored by @SpinSucks. How do I get started when I haven’t worked in PR nor have any professional contacts? How can I prepare for the interview? What are the next steps after the interview?

Community 293
article thumbnail

Effectively Engage and Build Your Community Through Podcasting

Deirdre Breakenridge

It’s a crowded field to be sure, but it also offers an excellent, and even underused, opportunity for businesses to increase engagement with its community. Think of your community when podcasting instead of focusing solely on promotion. Some constituencies may not be familiar with podcasting, so teach them how to use the technology.

Community 206
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Create Great Content – FAST

PR for Anyone

Interview your favorite loan officer about various credit topics – What does good credit mean for a loan? How can you fix your credit quickly? Team up with your accountant and interview them about these topics and then share the videos throughout the month. You can do a tip a day or a tip a week. Bad credit?

article thumbnail

Pitches That Placed: How to Pitch Founders to Forbes

OnePitch

On this week’s Pitches That Placed, we’re highlighting a pitch that introduced a founder and landed an interview and coverage in Forbes. He has conquered both, started his own business and is using his platform to serve the community. Here is a link to his recent interview on the ABC show Let’s Talk Live: [link].

article thumbnail

Interview with Ann Handley

Critical Mention

In this interview, she shares her insights into how marketing has changed over time, the most valuable social media channel for marketers and how to make more of an impact as a marketing professional in your community. I craved community, comments, Twitter, Facebook (even if social media hadn’t happened yet… LOL).

article thumbnail

Pitches That Placed: How to Pitch Sources to Black Enterprise

OnePitch

On this week’s Pitches That Placed, we’re highlighting a pitch that landed coverage, and a video interview , in Black Enterprise for its introduction to a valuable source. I knew that she was from the Bay Area and was familiar with the community.”. Let’s see why this pitch worked: Let’s take a look at the actual pitch that placed: .

article thumbnail

How to Deal with Biased Reporters – Missy Hurley

Ethical Voices

I’ve done 170-plus interviews and it’s the first one like this I’ve heard. It comes down to two things – how do you ethically deal with people with agendas? We had already scheduled an interview, and he had already seen it directly from me. Our community can be very small. Thank you for sharing it.

Report 91