article thumbnail

The Science of the Tweet: The Dos and Don’ts for #SciComm on Twitter

Deirdre Breakenridge

As a science major turned public relations professional, I was groomed into believing that scientists are “bad” communicators. Through my work in science communication at Cornell University , I learned that this couldn’t be further from the truth. Twitter is one of the most promising social media platforms for science communication.

Twitter 347
article thumbnail

How to Build a Stronger Business Through Community Engagement and Event Marketing

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

One of the ways to achieve this is by harnessing the power of in-person community engagement and event marketing. Establishing community-engagement goals When businesses embrace a community focus , they can gain a variety of benefits. Nevertheless, effective community engagement won’t take the same shape for every company.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

The #PRStudChat Community Discusses Mysteries of Media Pitching on September 20th

Deirdre Breakenridge

A former newspaper journalist, Michael has won national and regional awards for news release and feature writing. He has also taught public relations courses at Brigham Young University, where he earlier earned bachelors and master’s degrees in communications with an emphasis in public relations.

Community 157
article thumbnail

Helping Aging Parents with Finances with Kay Bransford

PR for Anyone

This experience inspired Kay to write her best-selling book called “MemoryBanc® Your Workbook for Organizing Life” She is also a professional money manager who helps families manage cash flow, bill payments, and protect against fraud. Find us on

Banking 264
article thumbnail

Join #PRStudChat on February 15th for a Twitter Chat on How Content Can Boost Your PR Career

Deirdre Breakenridge

PR professionals are known for their strong writing skills and creative storytelling. ET the #PRStudChat community will gather for a Twitter chat session focused on the importance of content strategy and how content can help boost your career in PR. What are the first steps PR pros can take to hone their writing skills?

Twitter 157
article thumbnail

How the New York Public Library’s Blog Mobilizes Communities

Cision

And for nonprofit organizations on a budget, blogging can often be the most effective way to engage and mobilize communities. I encourage people to write whatever inspires them, and often this does have a natural timeliness (“my favorite TV show just ended, I want to write a post about books that are similar in theme.”).

Community 120
article thumbnail

Top 3 Ways Pharma Can Better Leverage Twitter in Marketing

ISEBOX

However, we’ve never specifically delved into one of the most effective, dynamic platforms for brand awareness, connecting with the pharma community, and engaging in relevant conversations: Twitter. Since we’re big on “Top # Tips,” here are the Top 3 Ways Pharma Can Better Leverage Twitter in Marketing.

Twitter 70