article thumbnail

The many paradoxes of public relations

Stephen Waddington

It took less two weeks to discover that there was a more fundamental issue and gap in research literature to make the case for the contribution of public relations to organisational decision making and strategy at a management level. Herein lies the challenge in studying public relations. This is fertile ground for a researcher.

Publicity 190
article thumbnail

Thoughts on Balancing Your Professional Work and Your Activism

PRSay

Some of us are fortunate to work for companies that tell employees to bring their whole selves to work, that invest in corporate social responsibility and that act as responsible members of their communities. In this new model, organizations become part of a larger social system. Looking to the past. Margaret Ritsch, Ed.D.,

System 187
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

The many paradoxes of public relations

Wadds Inc.

It took less two weeks to discover that there was a more fundamental issue and gap in research literature to make the case for the contribution of public relations to organisational decision making and strategy at a management level. Herein lies the challenge in studying public relations. This is fertile ground for a researcher.

article thumbnail

US Navy In Crisis PR Mode: A Textbook Example

The Stalwart Blog

Forgive me if I boast about the US Navy Public Affairs community for a moment. McCain’s Aegis systems caused the ships to crash into merchant vessels. Here’s where the Public Affairs team and senior leadership shined. I possess a bit of bias from my years in uniform. To be sure, heads will roll.

article thumbnail

Promoting public relations: Public Relations Council of India keynote speech

Stephen Waddington

Herein lies the challenge in studying public relations. It is a professional activity that has evolved within the context of social systems. Public relations practiced in a professional context is used to describe a range of activities including publicity, stakeholder management, internal communications, and public affairs.

article thumbnail

ICON 2022 Recap: How DE&I Helps Optimize Talent and Build Teams for the U.S. Military

PRSay

Air Force (retired) and is now director of inclusive communities for Amazon. military approaches diversity, equity and inclusion and about the importance of storytelling to communicate an organization’s messages. But existing systems sometimes keep other people out, he said. “We Coast Guard at 19 years old.

Nonprofit 104
article thumbnail

15 years after: the collective “grilling” of Jim Grunig still delivers visionary insights on the future of PR

PR Conversations

public affairs, community relations, lobbying, sustainability, among others) together with the communication functions (e.g. media relations, employee communications, digital communications, advertising and media planning, etc) under “bundled” Public Relations inspired organizations.