article thumbnail

CASE STUDY - Using current events to land in the media

PR for Anyone

Why this pitch appealed to the media : Nurse Curry serves a local community, Hampton Roads, Virginia. She provided local resources and her expertise as to how people in her community can care for their elderly loved ones. So seniors play a very important role in our communities today. SPOILER ALERT: YES!

article thumbnail

Five Quick and Easy Ways to Show #PR Thanks

Deirdre Breakenridge

Even just a little time each week to share thoughts with a student via Twitter or to schedule a Skype “coffee” chat is a fantastic way to show thanks. Maybe, you’ll choose to review one or two books and / or discuss a few research studies in your social media communities. Of course, mentoring is at the top of my list.

Skype 150
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

The Relationships You Must Commit to for Content Marketing Success

Cision

Although creators only make up 1%, they are a vocal and vital part of your industry’s community. Conducting deep dive interviews. What would happen to your marketing, Andy asked, if you met with like-minded, noncompetitive marketers once per month via Skype, Slack, etc. An ally in creation is an ally in promotion,” said Andy.

article thumbnail

5 Tips to Build Client Partnerships

Solo PR Pro

I see the new business process as an opportunity for me to interview a prospect, just as much as it’s an opportunity for them to get to know Geben. We adopt our clients’ preferred communication channels. That means we’ve hashed out client projects on Hipchat and What’sApp, Basecamp and Podio, Skype and GChat, texting and Facetime.

Skype 77
article thumbnail

Optimize: a Discussion with Lee Odden [Video]

Waxing UnLyrical

” That is where you integrate social principles and a community element into content marketing – and to which you naturally apply good SEO principles – to grow a business that flourishes through attraction and engagement. A few months ago, Lee took the time out of his hectic schedule to chat with me about the book.

Video 79
article thumbnail

The book we have all been waiting for: Answers for Modern Communicators by Deirdre Breakenridge [Book Review]

Karen Freberg

A few years later, we had a chance to do a Skype session, which lead to several phone calls, guest talks, and meet ups in person. I love how Deidre has integrated so many professional insights and interviews for her new book. We first connected online through my research into social media influencers (my first published article!)

article thumbnail

Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media

Waxing UnLyrical

Our crisis communications plan consist of pre-event, event, and post-event reporting guidelines and information. “The plan elements include press conferences and media phone interviews, call center recorded messages and call center reps, our Web site, and social media.&# Here’s the interview. Completely.