article thumbnail

The Importance of Community Relations in Healthcare

Landis PR

By Liza Batallones When you think of healthcare groups or pharmaceutical companies, maybe a doctor’s face pops into your head or that clever commercial with the unique-sounding drug name comes to mind. AND, they provide an important service to the community. Not everyone has access to the healthcare they need.

article thumbnail

The most important ethics priority for healthcare communicators – Kena Lewis

Ethical Voices

She is the Senior Director of Public Affairs and Media Relations at Orlando Health. The most important ethics priority for healthcare communicators. I did a stint in the nonprofit sector, which I want to say, if you really want to get to know a community, the nonprofit sector is something you should do.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Q&A with Kivvit CIO Zach Silber on distilling data for their clients

NewsWhip

Zach is the Chief Innovation Officer at Kivvit, a national data-driven public affairs & strategic communications agency. Kivvit specializes in data-driven public affairs work, reputation management, and crisis communications. Zach Silber (CIO, Kivvit): One major change is the accelerated pace of work.

Data 148
article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Ashley Simmons

Cision

It made sense that I should be in the nation’s capital to study public affairs and obtain more real-world experience, so I moved to D.C. It made sense that I should be in the nation’s capital to study public affairs and obtain more real-world experience, so I moved to D.C. I’ve never looked back.

article thumbnail

Spotlight on a Solo PR Pro: Meet Nicole Castro

Solo PR Pro

She didn’t know then that this new path would lead her to the world of PR and to starting her own business that would count healthcare non-profits among its client roster. It was a great role to have because there had never been any leadership in terms of how to manage social media for this organization,” she said. “I

Meeting 110
article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Steve Majors

Cision

Your communication is only as strong as your relationships. Steve Majors, vice president, communications at Communities in Schools, says in order to find opportunities and tell your brand’s story effectively, you need to make good connections. You’ve held several positions in television news.

article thumbnail

The art of winning new business and crisis management: A Q&A with Clyde Group Partner Aubrey Quinn

NewsWhip

Clyde Group is a high-growth, PR & Public Affairs firm with a tremendous track record of success in Washington. BL: The Clyde Group does a great deal of work in healthcare, education, finance, and technology sectors. Community has always been important to Clyde Group. And how does data shape these? ——-.

Groups 78