article thumbnail

3 Ways to Expand Your Reach Within the Hispanic Community

Cision

In addition to this, the term “Hispanic” incorporates a very large group of people with varying cultures and lifestyles, and it’s important to understand the individual, unique subgroups within the community as a whole. For instance, big cities tend to have larger Hispanic communities, which affects the volume and type of media consumption.

Community 225
article thumbnail

Facebook is local media

Stephen Waddington

Facebook pages and groups are replacing local media according to research from Braintree, Essex. By Dan Slee If there’s one thing I can tell you it’s that Facebook groups and pages in a local area are huge. Exploring a community In September last year I set about counting the Facebook groups and pages in Braintree.

Local 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Facebook is local media

Stephen Waddington

Local Facebook pages and groups are replacing local media according to research from Braintree, Essex. By Dan Slee If there’s one thing I can tell you it’s that Facebook groups and pages in a local area are huge. Exploring a community In September last year I set about counting the Facebook groups and pages in Braintree.

Local 60
article thumbnail

How to Make Facebook a Career Book

PR Job Coach

The revelation that companies are asking potential employees for Facebook passwords got me thinking about how Facebook has rapidly evolved as both diary and biography. Given the addition of timeline to Facebook’s configuration, people on the hunt would do well to make Facebook work for them instead of the converse.

Facebook 160
article thumbnail

Newsprint in pain as COVID-19 bites, so what’s next?

Stephen Waddington

Newspaper circulation during the COVID-19 crisis has been hit by as much as a third by newsagents closing and a reduction in footfall on the high street, across travel hubs and in supermarkets. In the first month of the crisis Facebook reported an increase of 50% in usage of its services. A fifth of the staff will be furloughed.

Print 102
article thumbnail

Ricky Gervais is right (and wrong) about the local paper

Prakkypedia

In Ricky Gervais’s latest TV series, After Life , he’s a writer at a free community newspaper. Imagine that they have the clipping pinned up near their workspace, stuck to the fridge at home, or that they’ve proudly shared it on Facebook. He says ‘ everybody deserves to be in their local paper’ at least once in their lives.

Local 128
article thumbnail

Depressed and depressing: the state of UK news media

Stephen Waddington

News media in pain Newspaper brands continue to suffer as readers shift from print to digital. Popular newspaper brands have suffered double digit falls in print circulation with the Daily Star (-18%), Daily Mirror (-13%), and Daily Express (-12%) hardest hit. Facebook and Google account for almost 60% of the online advertising market.

Print 115