article thumbnail

How Reddit and NewsWhip are helping reporters stay ahead of the news

NewsWhip

Reddit effectively sifts through content that goes against its site-wide policies, moderators then take down any content that goes against their community rules, and finally content users find most valuable surfaces through Reddit’s upvoting and downvoting system. “It The members within those communities are also highly engaged.

Reddit 147
article thumbnail

Team Building in a Work-From-Home Environment

Remote PR Jobs

Sharing a high and low of your day, what keurig coffee cup you’re sipping, or vacation plans for the weekend instill a sense of community and camaraderie. This can serve as a space for employees to share personal, family, or work wins, where others can congratulate or send in their own! This can be done in a few different ways.

Employee 130
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Should You Consider Celebrity Endorsements for Your Brand

5W PR

From Hollywood A-listers to sports superstars, brands have often turned to famous faces to promote their products or services. Brand ambassadors Select loyal customers or employees as brand ambassadors. They can authentically represent a brand and engage with its community.

Brand 78
article thumbnail

Can Big Business Save America?

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

We specialize in messaging to those very stakeholders, especially employees, partners, and customers. Dick’s Sporting Goods comes to mind. CEOs from Apple to JPMorgan Chase agreed to invest in employees and customers as well as shareholders. Business Must Serve Stakeholders. They know the price of inaction.

article thumbnail

My Bet Is On Fantasy Sports

Flatiron Communications

Umpqua Community College in Oregon. Get used to them, because there appears to be no end in sight for the fantasy sports onslaught.” From ESPN: “The industry came under scrutiny when it was widely learned that DraftKings employee Ethan Haskell published data revealing what players were included on most rosters. .

Sports 28
article thumbnail

Muddling through the COVID-19 crisis: celebrating human spirit and ingenuity

Stephen Waddington

It followed support from the Treasury for large employees a week ago. Social activities, sport, and dating are no go. Work has gone virtual and in our personal lives people have sought to connect by building virtual communities. Rediscovering community values People are pulling together in ways I’ve not seen in my lifetime.

Crisis 167
article thumbnail

United we Brand? Top Reads on Corporate Activism

Flack's Revenge

More controversial efforts have included Dick’s Sporting Goods stand on guns , Nike’s Colin Kaepernick ad and Gillette’s campaigns regarding inclusion. Frank Strong mentioned the importance of employee concerns. Workers also like to take their employers to task, according to the many stories I’ve seen about employee activism.

Corporate 198