Is Digital PR Making Public Relations Sexy Again?

Rock the Status Quo

When you think of the biggest changes in the move from traditional #PR to #DigitalPR, what comes to mind? Today’s stronger focus on social media and content marketing is also bridging the gap between digital experts and traditionalists, link builders and content creators, community managers and customer service. It’s also coming from those without a lick of public relations experience who are suddenly writing content and pitching bloggers.

A Dummies Guide to Digital PR

5W PR

In the world of public relations, digital PR refers to the online marketing strategy utilized by businesses to increase their online presence and boost their brand. Digital PR carries any similarities to traditional PR, but in reality represents an opportunity to reach a broader audience- global, in fact- in a way that offline techniques are unable to achieve. Digital PR is a powerful tool capable of boosting a brand’s online presence and visibility.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

How Digital PR Pros Can Cope with Recent Google Search Updates

Cision

The PR industry and SEO no longer live in two separate worlds. A strong reason for PR pros to start concentrating more on SEO. In the advanced digital landscape and a mobile-first world, digital PR is already closely integrated with SEO. A case in point is that of Google’s algorithms, which apart from the SEO industry, also have a profound impact on the PR industry. The Digital and PR Evolution.

Google 212

Oscars makes history with ‘Parasite’ win, traits of top digital PR leaders, and Instagram helps users hone feeds

PR Daily

Good morning, PR pros: The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences made history Sunday when it awarded Kwak Sin Ae, Bong Joon Ho and their colleagues the “Best Picture” award for “Parasite.” Digital PR leaders are energetic, assertive, adventurous, smart and ambitious, according to IBM’s Watson. Traits such as “energetic” were linked to “fast-paced and busy lives”—something to which many PR pros can relate. PR Daily also was represented, at No.

Digital PR: What You Need to Know

The Proactive Report

There’s a good post in Business 2 Community about the challenges of starting out in Digital PR. If you’ve been trained in traditional PR and technology is fairly new to you, it will seem overwhelming at first. Digital PR Strategy. The activity you see in Digital PR is like the tip of an iceberg. ” Digital PR gives you access to information sources and data that was not available before. Write web content.

Digital PR: What You Need to Know

The Proactive Report

There’s a good post in Business 2 Community about the challenges of starting out in Digital PR. If you’ve been trained in traditional PR and technology is fairly new to you, it will seem overwhelming at first. Digital PR Strategy. The activity you see in Digital PR is like the tip of an iceberg. ” Digital PR gives you access to information sources and data that was not available before. Write web content.

4 Free Chrome Brower Extensions for a Digital PR Edge

Sword and the Script

To that end, I can promise readers three things: This post recommends a manageable number of tools to try four tools, I use each one on a daily basis and these truly provide a digital PR edge. . My proofreading skills can always improve — though I contend when you write a several thousand words a day — you’re bound to have a couple. There are several references to Moz and PR on this blog. As PR pro, it provides two valuable benefits.

How Digital PR Pros Can Cope with Recent Google Search Updates

Beyond PR

The PR industry and SEO no longer live in two separate worlds. A strong reason for PR pros to start concentrating more on SEO. In the advanced digital landscape and a mobile-first world, digital PR is already closely integrated with SEO. A case in point is that of Google’s algorithms, which apart from the SEO industry, also have a profound impact on the PR industry. The Digital and PR Evolution.

Can Product Review YouTuber’s Become Brand Ambassadors?

Rock the Status Quo

I came across this fantastic product review video recently when writing up a new business proposal. I was looking to understand a product’s digital presence and reputation, and fill in the proposal with some creative ideas on how to amplify and improve it. Instead of burning up their budgets on advertising, it would be fantastic to see them invest in building their communities. Become a part of their social community. Digital PR

7 relatable and hilarious ‘Onion’ headlines about social media

PR Daily

The satirical publication holds no punches when making fun of news, experiences and trending topics, including digital PR and marketing efforts. The post 7 relatable and hilarious ‘Onion’ headlines about social media appeared first on PR Daily.

Leeds PR Agency Prohibition PR is looking for a PR Executive – is it you?

Prohibition

It’s been an exciting time at Prohibition PR. As you’ve probably figured out, we’re not old fashioned when it comes to PR. While we do ‘the traditional stuff’ very well indeed, we’re constantly pushing the boundaries of what you would expect from a PR agency. So that involves lots of exciting things like online community building, social media listening, brand audits, online crisis management, content marketing and video seeding.

12 of the best online tools for PR pros

PR Daily

What digital aids do you find it impossible to live without? This article originally appeared on PR Daily in April of 2018. With so many services and platforms for researching PR opportunities, finding the right media contacts and sharing your message—not to mention keeping track of it all—figuring out where to begin can be overwhelming. Here are 12 of the most helpful tools for PR pros looking to ease their workload: Finding PR opportunities and building media lists.

Tools 131

Free remote tools to ease COVID-19 fears, chief D&I officers skew white, and PR pros say proving ROI takes time

PR Daily

Good morning, PR pros: Peeps and Crocs have teamed up to offer pastel-colored footwear, complete with Peep-shaped jibbitz: Croc out your Easter baskets with a pair of PEEPS X Crocs, officially on shelves today! Several tech giants are offering their digital workplace resources for free as the COVID-19 outbreak worsens and many organizations are telling their employees to work from home (most recently, Amazon and Microsoft). FREE REPORT: State of PR 2020 ].

What I Learned From Creating A Free 28 Day Email Course

Doctor Spin

For the past year I’ve been working on-and-off with creating a paid video course on digital PR, so I wanted to see if there’s any interest out there for the type of insights that I have to share. I’m also struggling with a manuscript for a book on digital PR and I wanted to test some of my ideas on smart professionals in my target audience. ”) It took me the better part of a day to write up 20 drafts. Community Manager

What I Learned From Creating A Free 28 Day Email Course

Doctor Spin

For the past year I’ve been working on-and-off with creating a paid video course on digital PR, so I wanted to see if there’s any interest out there for the type of insights that I have to share. I’m also struggling with a manuscript for a book on digital PR and I wanted to test some of my ideas on smart professionals in my target audience. It took me the better part of a day to write up 20 drafts.

NYSE reopens with 25% of staff, ?Some Good News? acquisition takes heat, and Pizza Hut celebrates grads

PR Daily

If you’re still searching for ways to help out the community, go deeper than a donation. A recent report by Fractl titled, “ How has Coronavirus impacted digital PR and link building? PR pros looking to land media coverage should focus their efforts on verticals including health, travel, business and finance, personal finance, relationships and education, as they’re publishing the most articles related to the crisis: Image courtesy of Fractl.

Sales, Pods and Audiobooks: 14 Months On, How’s That UK Financial Independence Book Doing?

ZudePR

Certainly, it’s those interested in financial independence that have been drawn to it most, albeit it’s also responsible for introducing thousands of people to the community/movement, which is kinda heartening. I feel like it’s the book if I had the guts to write my own book, that I would have written this.”. It’s important to keep a praise file when you write a bestselling book. PR/Business blog

30 jobs in the PR and marketing world

PR Daily

Though Reddit has had its share of PR problems this summer, the social media website—which had more than 4.9 You should also have varied content creation prowess, including creating podcasts, shooting/editing video and writing PR copy. See what else we have in this week’s professional pickings: Senior account executive—Corporate Ink Integrated Marketing & PR (Massachusetts). Account executive—Quinn PR (New York).

Reddit 131

18 a Day: RESET Sells 3,300 Copies in 1st Six Months

ZudePR

I’ve met hundreds of folk, particularly in the UK financial independence community. ” I’ve managed to segue back to the day job (I run my own PR consultancy ) since December, picking up a few contracts – beating off stiff competition:O) – from interesting clients. I didn’t set out to write the first book to translate the millions-strong US FIRE community to a UK context, but I have. PR/Business blog

All the 4’s: Droopy Drawers

ZudePR

1 The Power of Communities. I used to work for a PR company. Anyway, harnessing the power of communities is a great way to bring your light from behind a bushel and out into the open. Since turning 40 I’ve become involved in three communities: the Glasgow running one; the Netherlee (tiny suburb of Glasgow where I live) one; and the UK/US digital PR/marketing/SEO one. Gone from analogue to digital. PR/Business blogI turned 44 today.

Film 94

28 Observations from 28 Months as a Solo PR

ZudePR

One of them was me, Zude PR. I don’t know what the figure is for Glasgow PR firms, but I imagine it’s similar. Here are 28 top observations from MY first 28 months as a solo digital PR pro (just in case you ever need them ). You Should Read This If: You’re c onsidering setting up your own (in my case solo) PR firm. I’m a 43-year-old traditional-media-relations-guy-turned-digital-PR. 4: Get Involved in Communities I’m a runner.

18 PR standbys that will never die

PR Daily

I can't remember why exactly I asked the question on Facebook, but I did: I think it was because I'd just read a post about some PR standby (I couldn't think of the right word when I posted on Facebook) that was dead, long live the new PR thing… you know the kind of post (or news article) I mean. My community came up with some good ones. Marketers claiming PR is a tool/subset/specialization of marketing. The idea that PR is all about driving sales.

Navigating authenticity and openness in the face of racial injustice

PR Daily

The conversation among Americans about race, justice and police brutality in our communities isn’t new—but the level of frustration and anger seems to have reached a new high. Sarah Evans, founder and CEO of Sevans Strategy and Sevans Digital PR , breaks down the difference between “pausing” marketing messages and product launches and “disappearing” from the conversation. RELATED: Deliver powerful leadership messaging in a digital landscape ].

How to use video in your media pitch

PR Daily

RELATED: We're recognizing the brightest minds in digital PR and social media. ]. Writing an attractive intriguing subject line is the key to making reporters want to open your email. Write much more and your pitch becomes white noise and readers might miss the actual story. How then do you write a pitch that connects with someone you may not know, identifies a story and includes compelling visuals that don’t land you in the trash bin?

Top Five Books Every PR Pro Should Read

Critical Mention

We get it–in the hectic life of a PR pro, it is tough to find time to curl up with a good book. The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly. He explains that digital PR and marketing are an inexpensive way to build a community surrounding your company. Brand Media Strategy: Integrated Communications Planning in the Digital Era.

Hey, Influencer, Will You Help Me Do These 10,000 Things?

Rock the Status Quo

I write for three specific reasons – to gain an audience to learn with, to do my part improving the PR industry through education, and to build an audience for my book. If I responded “yes,” I’d have no time to do client work, write or do other things that pay the bills and keep our home nice and warm in the winter. Or if he had asked me for almost anything related to learning a new skill or integrating something tied to PR, I’d be all in.

How PR Pros Can Build Epic Personal Branding For Corporate Leadership

Rock the Status Quo

Like fluffy yellow chicks marching in line after their mama, many companies are stuck in push marketing tactics of the past, favoring carefully crafted, conservative external messaging and expecting their executives to rigidly follow corporate directives when it comes to having (or not having) a digital voice. So what’s a PR pro to do? Plus, it’s a great launch point into digital PR tactics, if online visibility is something new to you.

How I 1st-Drafted an 87,000-Word Self-Help Book over 46 Days in 2018*

ZudePR

Have you always aspired to write a book? 1 The Seed is Planted #2 Doing the Research #3 Getting the Self-Publishing Mindset #4 What the Hell am I Going to Write About? #5 5 Life and Work Sometimes Get in the Way #6 A Stem Forms #7 The Research Phase #8 Attending Writing School #9 Final Preparations #10 What First-Drafting a Book in 46 Days Looks Like #11 Tips on First-Drafting a Book by a First-Time (Self-Publishing) Author Next Steps Conclusion Codicil. I was ready to write.

Communication in Top Eight Digital Skills Needed

The Proactive Report

First we had the digital divide – the gap between the Internet “haves and “have-nots” While the digital divide is not fully handled, 40% of people worldwide are online now. ” The lack of digital skills and how it affects productivity in business has been in the news a lot lately. The BBC reports today that more than 12 million people, and one million small businesses, in the UK fall into the digital skills gap. Digital etiquette.

Orlando or Bust! Last Chance to Register for Solo PR Event at Discounted Rates

Solo PR Pro

As regular readers of this blog know, each year Solo PR Pro works to provide a one-of-a-kind conference experience for our community – one focused on the unique needs of independent communications consultants and other small organizations (as opposed to the deep-pocketed Fortune 500 organizations or large-scale PR agencies typically discussed at other events). How to Write Short: Word Craft for Fast Times – Roy Peter Clarke, Senior Scholar, Poynter Institute.

3 lessons from circus PR

PR Daily

The promoters who ballyhooed 19 th- and early 20 th -century circuses were the creators of modern PR. No newspaper would dream of ignoring a community spectacle that began with a two-mile parade through town, boasting aerialists, clown unicyclists, elephant musicians, motorcycle-riding bears, strongmen who could lift a horse, and other natural and manufactured oddities. RELATED: We're recognizing the brightest minds in digital PR and social media. ]. Marketing PR

The Deep Work Habits of 28 Highly Productive People

ZudePR

Entrepreneurs, CEOs, authors, Professors, bloggers, PRs, SEOs, digital marketers, speakers. I'm writing a blog post on how the best communicators "go deep" and get stuff done. The idea for this post came after I was experiencing a growing sense of frustration late last year due to the distractions inherent in my job as a digital PR (distractions I would wager the majority of people reading this post will be familiar with). I love writing. I write them down.

SEO 96

10 essential skills for the future of PR

PR Daily

In 2012, I wrote a post titled " 10 skills the PR pro of 2022 must have." Here's a new list of skills for the PR pro of the future (with notes about what's been updated and deleted from that initial list in 2012). Though the ability to write social media ads on networks like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram hasn't changed, the skill set to manage complete campaigns on these platforms has evolved. A deep understanding of traditional, digital and business analytics.

Monday Roundup: Smart Reporting

Waxing UnLyrical

Tomorrow #measurePR takes a look at smart reporting with three stellar guests: Founder and CEO of IrisPR, Aly Saxe ; CEO of Geben Communication, Heather Whaling ; and digital PR Strategist and Author of “SMART News,” Sally Falkow. PR and Marketing Data: Impressions, Reach and Relevance, Oh My! Why Content Strategy Needs Digital PR. Couch Control: Measurement Therapy for PR Pros.

12 of the best online tools for PR pros

PR Daily

With so many services and platforms for researching PR opportunities, finding the right media contacts, sharing your message—and then keeping track of it all—it can be overwhelming for public relations professionals to even know where to begin. Here are 12 of the most helpful tools for PR pros looking to ease their workload: Finding PR opportunities and building media lists. offers a full suite for PR professionals, but it also comes with a hefty price tag.

Tools 95

The Top 10 Books of 2016 (According to Zude)

ZudePR

Reading this book inspired me to write this blog post , which has been shared more than 1700 times on social media. #2: ” This book, his fourth, is a compilation of the most insightful verbatim unscripted answers he’s given to his community during the live q+a element of his YouTube show. If you’re an entrepreneur, own a business, or are interested in digital marketing, this book’s a must. #4: Speak, write, blog, tweet, make videos — whatever.

7 PR Blogs You Should Be Following

Critical Mention

Adjusting to new trends is part of the business for PR professionals. While we certainly encourage PR and communications pros to follow our insightful Critical Mention blog , we also want to share a few of our other favorite PR blogs. Ragan’s PR Daily. PR Daily is a news site that delivers news, advice, and opinions on the public relations, marketing, social media, and media worlds. Our top picks: PR strategies can vary from organization to organization.

6 tactics for optimizing your content outreach

PR Daily

The goal for digital marketing professionals is to find the next content piece that will “break the Internet.”. Additionally, it will give your designers and developers the opportunity to showcase their work within their online communities. Do this by sending out a quick email explaining the piece you plan to write and why they were selected to be a part of it. is an outreach strategist working with the digital PR team at.

Communicators reflect on Twitter’s 10th anniversary

PR Daily

For many marketers, PR pros and journalists, Twitter is an invaluable asset. Here’s a sampling of reflections from communicators, along with a few takeaways for PR pros: Jill Stewart, professional lecturer at DePaul University’s College of Communication ( @jillostewart ): When I joined, I knew I wanted to keep up with social media as a fast-growing platform. That’s a fundamental tenet of PR, and Twitter is a great way to do that. It’s also improved my writing skills.

How to Get On in New Communications: Be Nice

ZudePR

We both own PR companies, with a twist. So I jotted down a list of PR/digital/SEO/content marketing influencers. And for want of a better term I’m bracketing them in the category of “new PR” Or “new communications” to be more accurate, as these once disparate disciplines are increasingly converging. His personal blog is PR Studies and he edits a magazine called Behind the Spin. Adam is a digital marketer.