article thumbnail

Less “let’s go viral” and more “let’s build community”

Communications Conversations

While Holmes talked about how we’re in the midst of transitioning to a post-social-media landscape, I envision another stark trend: The comeback of community. As Holmes states, years ago the frequent ask from brands and clients was: “We want this to go viral.” You were building a community. It got bigger.

Viral 98
article thumbnail

Facebook’s pushing Groups, but how can brands really use them?

Communications Conversations

One big trend I see accelerating in the social media world in 2019 is the move to more “community” and less “let’s go viral” It’s something I talked about in my trends presentation I put together that I’ve given now to five different groups in the Twin Cities. And, it’s an ACTIVE group.

Groups 68
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Who Were The PR Winners And Losers of 2017?

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Like a lit fuse, her post burned through the tech community and exploded into public consciousness. As images of the bloodied man being dragged from his seat by airport police went viral, the airline made things worse with a series of legalistic and tone-deaf public responses. The stock price bounced back in short order.

Airlines 180
article thumbnail

The importance of a social media strategy #engaging

Engage PR

Your target audience actually might be most active on Linkedin (*2) or if you’re a visually led brand like hotels, travel and leisure the most engaged communities maybe on Instagram or Pinterest. And as a customer service tool it can get critical messages out to the masses quickly when dealing with any crisis comms.

article thumbnail

The Most Recommended PR Tech Vendors [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

That’s a mouthful of buzzwords, but Ryan Reeves, a product manager for the company, added some context on LinkedIn: “Signals uses AI to continually read trillions of articles to detect important company trigger-events (viral articles, product launches, financials, partnerships, headcount changes, etc.) in 2019, reaching a record $4.5

article thumbnail

The Ugly Side of Social Media Sharing

Waxing UnLyrical

I love the collaborative energy, thoughts and community. The image went viral. Susan didn’t even know the image had gone viral until she saw another Facebook friend shared the meme on April 22. Communication Customer Service Guest Posts Social Media facebook Imgur meme PreventDisease.com Reddit social media sharing'

article thumbnail

The Difference Between PR and Media Relations + Other Links You Might Have Missed (The Weekly Cocktail)

prTini

Want to Go Viral? Brand Anonymity is Dead: Meet Community Manager 2.0. Don’t Post Photos of Your Customers Online Without Reading This. How to Leverage a Personal Touch to Enhance Customer Service (client). Why Public Relations and Media Relations Don’t Mean the Same Thing Anymore.