Friday Roundup: Customer Service

Waxing UnLyrical

Today’s roundup focuses on one of the most important aspects of any business, customer service. Here are five posts looking at the importance of customer service (including its importance in public relations). How Stories Improve Sales and Customer Experience.

6 Quick Tips to Keep Up with Social Customer Service

prTini

As more and more customers turn to Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, and other social channels to ask questions or make complaints, keeping up with customer service is no easy task. Set Reminders to Engage With Your Community. Take a Team Approach to Social Customer Service.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

When Chinese New Year Made for Smart Customer Service and PR

Waxing UnLyrical

However, in addition to sometimes working as a great way of getting your story out, this can also be a very good customer appreciation (and, therefore, customer retention) practice. But instead of trying to estimate the cost of other services, etc.,

TCIP #014 – Toronto Police Service, Their Customer Service and Crisis Preparedness with Chris Boddy

Melissa Agnes

Like many others, the Toronto Police Service is looking for opportunities to build efficiency and effectiveness within their agency. For starters, they’ve developed a Strategy Management Unit with a strong customer service component. Within this unit, they’re in the process of developing a customer service strategy for the Toronto Police Service, with a heavy focus on internal customer service to start. Fan them on Facebook.

How To Grow Your Facebook Community

Waxing UnLyrical

This post will depress all the Facebook Ninjas who’ve drunk the Facebook Koolaid. They are a service business. One that could have a vibrant Facebook community, if they could just get to that point. But their Facebook Page has just 23 fans so far.

26 Thoughtful Marketing Predictions that Could Actually Happen in 2019 Across PR, Content, Digital, Social Media and Customer Success

Sword and the Script

There’s something in here for every discipline of marketing – be it strategy, PR, content marketing, SEO, digital, social media, customer marketing, and so much more. 3) Emotional connection with customers. “I 5) Alignment of marketing and customer success. “A

How To Create a Simple Facebook Messenger Bot

Cision

Facebook Messenger bots (chatbots) are a controversial feature that was added to the standalone Messenger service earlier this year. And Facebook is building up an analytics tool to help create and track metrics around Facebook Messenger bots.

5 Community Management Tips on Community Manager Appreciation Day #CMAD

Waxing UnLyrical

In addition to being Community Manager Appreciation Day (#CMAD for all you hashtag fiends), today is also the day: Henry VIII died (1547, and women all over England breathed a sigh of relief). ” (on the relationship between customer service and the community) ~ Jenne Pedde , 2U, Inc.,

Fix (or Establish) Your Brand Reputation

Shift Communications

Brand reputations can make or break a company; a few bad reviews or questionable comments on social media could turn away customers instantly. Make your customers happy. Make your customers happy by revving up customer service and customer interactions.

What Does A Community Manager Do? +Bonus: The CM Toolbox

Doctor Spin

I like to think of the community manager as a classical conductor, dedicated to showing the online community (the orchestra) how to get in sync, never through force or coercion, but by using the magical powers of suggestion alone. But what exactly is the role of a community manager?

“Community Manager” Confusion

Waxing UnLyrical

about what the difference is between “community manager&# and “social media manager?&# I know I am – and I am both a community manager and a social media manager! My title is “online community & social media manager.&# Guest post by Maggie McGary.

The Ugly Side of Social Media Sharing

Waxing UnLyrical

I love the collaborative energy, thoughts and community. After two days of searching, we believe the process went something like this: 1) Susan’s Facebook friend saw the image on Susan’s Facebook page and commented, “Can I share this??

How Target uses branded gifs to bolster community engagement on Twitter

Communications Conversations

I’ll simplify: When it comes to engagement, Twitter has become a full-on customer service channel managed by the customer service team. And, more and more people are turning to social for customer support. It’s all about customer service.

8 New Facebook Features You Need to Know as a Social Media Pro

Social PR Chat

If you want to stay ahead of the Facebook Marketing Likes, one way is to attend Facebook’s annual developer’s conference. Keep in mind, it is un-Like any other marketing conference so here is what you need to know your Facebook future. Now – Keynote at Facebook F8.

Why AAA Should Be Worried About Getting a C- From Me

Waxing UnLyrical

Here’s what I did when I realized AAA was trying to hustle me into dropping my wallet on its driver seat sooner than usual: I remembered reading something about an app/service from Verizon that is basically the poor cousin of OnStar. Treating your customers like people v.

Less “let’s go viral” and more “let’s build community”

While Holmes talked about how we’re in the midst of transitioning to a post-social-media landscape, I envision another stark trend: The comeback of community. Fewer people are talking about virality and shares, and more people are talking about community.

Viral 111

Suffering from Facebook Newsfeed Entitlement? Stop. Here’s 26 Reasons Why

Social PR Chat

Being included in the Facebook newsfeed is something brands have come to expect as a protected constitutional right. While it’s hard to remember life before Facebook newsfeed changes and Mark Zuckerberg’s infamous post updates like the one on January 11th, 2018; it’s safe to say public relations pre-Facebook was archaic at best. Your Business Without Facebook? Imagine life without Facebook. Facebook Newsfeed Ground Zero? Is Facebook Worth it?

Monday Roundup: New Beginnings

Waxing UnLyrical

Why: How does one start from scratch after building a successful blog and community? Why: Public perception can help or hinder the growth of your customer base. Never Underestimate the Power of Consistent Customer Service.

A Valentine’s Day Gift to Businesses

Waxing UnLyrical

of posts that might spark ideas on how to incorporate social media and customer service into your business in a smart way. area, she loves helping for- and non-profit clients, both small and large, turn corporate codswallop into community cool™. I know, I know. .

Four Tools to Help Build Your Social Community

Waxing UnLyrical

I’ve found that one of the most important things to do, when trying to build one’s online community, is to participate consistently in your preferred channels. This is a nifty Facebook app that lets you schedule Facebook updates. All for one and one for all.

Monday Roundup: The Power is Yours

Waxing UnLyrical

3 Reasons Why You Can’t Walk In Your Own Customer’s Shoes. Why: In this post for Sensei Marketing , Jeannie Walters dispels the myth that we must walk in our customer’s shoes to provide powerful customer service. Happy Monday!

Does Too Much Technology Make Us Bored?

Waxing UnLyrical

And in doing so, I experienced two very different attitudes to customer service, and technology, all in the same day. But bored to the point where we make customers feel uncomfortable? Twitter Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Does Too Much Technology Make Us Bored?

Streak: Possibly the Best CRM System for Small Business

Waxing UnLyrical

While it’s now a huge industry, good CRM ( customer relationship management ) is a practice that many of those who are forward-looking-and-thinking PR pros (such as WUL’s own Kirk Hazlett , to name just one example) are meticulous about.

System 112

The Client Covenant

Waxing UnLyrical

The whole thing about being a team player, and “there is no I in team”… yea, well, that’s a phrase we all pay lip service to, but I think most of us would rather be leading the team as opposed to letting someone else do it. Twitter Facebook Google+ LinkedIn The Client Covenant.

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. Why did you write Open Community ? So, what is “Open Community&# ?

Want Social Media Evangelizers? Be Social

Waxing UnLyrical

Be Social September 7th, 2010 Tweet Today BNET published my second post, focusing on how companies can use social media to turn customers into evangelizers. Who’s in customer service? I’m not a customer service “professional.&#

Reviving the Customer Experience – One Food Truck at a Time: Part 2

Waxing UnLyrical

If you missed part one, then drop everything you’re doing and go read Reviving the Customer Experience – One Food Truck at a Time: Part 1 first. Trying to build a Twitter following is a big part of social media strategy for food trucks and it affects the overall customer experience.

F8 Update: Two Upcoming Facebook Changes PR Pros Should Care About

Rock the Status Quo

View image | gettyimages.com Media coverage abounds related to last week’s 2015 F8 Developer Conference – an event for app developers put on by Facebook. Facebook native video. PLUS Facebook reach (minimal as it might be). I have thirty new Facebook likes?

Facebook’s pushing Groups, but how can brands really use them?

Facebook is pushing Groups now, as exhibited by the promotional videos like this. And, we know, anecdotally, that more people are tiring of the Facebook feed each day. In my research for one client last year, I came across the Dental Hacks Facebook Group.

10 flaws that undermine your organization's Facebook page

PR Daily

Not all Facebook pages are created equal. Facebook offers great opportunities to attract, engage and convert would-be customers, but building a high-converting Facebook page has been elusive for many organizations. It's important to know the elements of a successful Facebook page; it's even more crucial to recognize the reasons your Facebook page is failing. Is achieving consistent engagement and conversions on Facebook a struggle for your company?

Lisa Buyer’s Must ???? Read Picks In Search Engine Journal

Social PR Chat

What You Need to Know about Facebook’s Business Pages by Kristopher Jones @KrisJonescom. Your Facebook Page is an extension of your website. It’s your brand’s publication, newsroom, content publisher, and customer service hub. So much information, so little time.

Improved Social PR via the Employee Advocacy Route

Waxing UnLyrical

On average, each employee connects with at least 300 people through social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and other platforms included). You could be connected to exactly who you are trying to reach through your employees, whether they are customers, partners or potential employees.

Monday Roundup: With Love, the Social Media Spotlight

Waxing UnLyrical

What impresses me about Adam is not just his kindness and work ethic, but how committed he is to sterling customer service. That has a huge impact on PR, so if you don’t already know him, check out his blog and podcast at Customers That Stick.

Snapchat: An Emerging Platform for Teamwork and Collaboration

Waxing UnLyrical

Customer Service. Snapchat can be used as a customer service tool to provide visual, engaging, and mobile feedback to individual users. Along with customer service, there have been agencies that have used Snapchat as a recruiting tool as well as for HR purposes.

Innovation or stagnation: Are brands losing their individuality?

PR in High Definition

Customer service is often considered to be the key to a brand’s reputation , but part of keeping the customer happy and loyal, is to bring something new and exciting to keep them engaged. Innovation.

Brand 62

7 steps for marketers to prepare for 2017’s chatbot trend

PR Daily

It’s taken a long time for companies to master customer service via social media. As social media and marketing technology platforms have enhanced their customer service offerings—such as Twitter’s stripping away direct message restrictions and Facebook’s “Very Responsive to Messages”.

Trends 122

4 often-overlooked platforms for social media marketing

PR Daily

The most-popular sites are great, but less-used venues—Quora, Pinterest, Reddit and Nextdoor—offer terrific opportunities for community engagement. The social media marketing world does not end after Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.

9 trends to watch for social media marketers

PR Daily

As for the future, Facebook’s chief product officer believes , “the Stories format is on a path to surpass feeds as the primary way people share things with their friends” in 2019. Responsive customer service. Social media is always changing.

7 Tips to Optimize Your Social Media Marketing for Mobile

Critical Mention

Make your Facebook page mobile-friendly. While automatic mobile formatting works well on platforms like Instagram or Twitter, on Facebook it may leave you with poor user experience, including poorly cropped images and hidden copy.

Mobile 116

HOW THE DIGITAL MEDIA AND MARKETING WORLD WILL EVOLVE IN 2020

5W PR

COMMUNITY BUILDING. An interesting trend among some respondents is that they’re focused on building smaller and more connected communities on their social media platforms. Marketing firm Mastered Marketing cited Facebook Messenger’s 1.3