article thumbnail

11 Steps For Crisis Management

Prohibition

This is where crisis management comes in. Crisis management is the reaction to an unexpected event that could have long lasting consequences on the organisation’s finances or reputation. Crisis management is not preventing a crisis, but rather managing an existing crisis.

article thumbnail

Ethical Issues in Merging the Science and Art of Public Relations: Aaron Kwittken

Ethical Voices

Ethical issues in merging the science and art of public relations. I started in Washington DC in Public Affairs and Crisis Management. Still am a crisis guy and always will be, I think. I learned the ethics challenge very early on in my career. How augmented intelligence can help enhance our profession.

Ethics 52
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

From Plate to Press: How PR Can Amplify the Reach of Vegan and Vegetarian Brands

Prohibition

Some choose veganism or vegetarianism for ethical reasons, while others do so for health or environmental concerns. By knowing their audience, brands can tailor their PR campaigns to effectively communicate their message and values.

Brand 62
article thumbnail

Challenges and changes for PR in 2021

Stephen Waddington

Issues and crisis management have come to the fore as companies are forced to react to economic factors and as misinformation about COVID-19 continues to spread, placing a sharper focus on tackling fake news and the need for customer transparency and honesty.

article thumbnail

The Capitol Riots: A Crisis Communication Retrospect

PRSay

When leaders are bold, proactive and tapped into the sentiments of their people, they can strengthen (or build) community and demonstrate a supportive culture. As communicators, we must remember our duty to disseminate truth in a timely manner and engage in transparency.

article thumbnail

An AI in PR primer

Stephen Waddington

It’s essential for reputation monitoring and crisis management. There’s a common but misplaced assertion that PR is a special case because of its reliance on human characteristics such as emotional intelligence; ethics; and interpersonal skills. Paid social was initially viewed as an ethically murky area for PR.

Ethics 69
article thumbnail

Celebrating a commitment to excellence at CIPR graduation ceremony

Stephen Waddington

It’s essential for reputation monitoring and crisis management. There’s a common but misplaced assertion that PR is a special case because of its reliance on human characteristics such as emotional intelligence; ethics; and interpersonal skills. Quid analyses natural language to identify issues, popular topics and white space.