article thumbnail

Doing Crisis Communications Right – Your Follow Up Questions Answered

Melissa Agnes

Since the podcast on “ doing crisis communications right “, with Captain Chris Hsiung and Shino Tanaka, aired last week, I’ve received some really great follow up questions from listeners. Your follow up questions answered: Doing crisis communications right.

article thumbnail

COVID-19 fatigue: Why do I feel so miserable?

Stephen Waddington

Coombs developed Situational Crisis Communication Theory (SCCT). He is the author of numerous books on crisis management. False dawn and societal fractures We expected the crisis to be over by now, but we’ve now learnt that the easing of lockdown in June was a false dawn. “Add Many people are at breaking point.”

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Alan Caldwell

Cision

Alan Caldwell, APR, vice president and chief diversity strategist at Cerrell Associates, stresses the importance of authenticity in brand communication. In this interview, Alan discusses the critical steps for successful crisis communications, what it means for your brand to be human and how to improve communication through research.

article thumbnail

Crisis Management Lessons From Boeing’s 737 Max Disasters

PRSay

When two of Boeing’s new 737 MAX passenger jets crashed within five months of each other in late 2018 and early 2019, killing a total of 346 people in Ethiopia and Indonesia, the company faced the worst crisis in its 100-year history. According to reports, an automated flight-control system had sent the airplanes into nosedives.

article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

article thumbnail

For comms pros, Silicon Valley Bank is a reminder that trust is currency

Sword and the Script

The banking community has some unique dynamics… Scar tissue. The financial crisis of 2008-2009 still haunts many of us; Frayed nerves. It’s about giving people a reason to believe. * * * If the economy is a system built on belief, then trust is a form of currency that you can’t buy or sell. They lost confidence.

Banking 81
article thumbnail

Fear of Confrontation in a Crisis is Not a Reason to “Go Dark” on Social Media

Melissa Agnes

It worries me when crisis communication professionals are still advising their clients to avoid social media in a crisis. Just because people may vent and lash out against your organization is not a reason to hide and refuse to communicate on the channels that demand communication these days.