article thumbnail

TCIP #054 – Communicating with Crisis-Affected Communities with Claudia Liute

Melissa Agnes

Claudia is a humanitarian who works on the ground in some very hostile and conflicted crisis-affected communities. This, unfortunately runs true on many levels of crisis management, not just in humanitarian work. This must all be done swiftly and effectively as timely communications are of equal importance in times of crisis.

Community 140
article thumbnail

Mastering B2B Tech PR: Strategies for Effective Communication

5W PR

Explore industry magazines, make the company’s presence felt at relevant conferences, and put platforms like LinkedIn to good use to pinpoint the movers and shakers in the company’s market. Undertake market research to pinpoint their pain points and craft the communication to tackle these issues head-on.

B2B 78
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

TCIP #032 – The National Weather Service’s Crisis Communication Strategy with Daniel Noah

Melissa Agnes

Within this episode of The Crisis Intelligence Podcast, Dan and I dive into the specific strategies that the NWS uses to communicate with their community in times of emergency. Connect with Melissa on LinkedIn. Learn more about Agnes + Day, The Crisis Intelligence Firm. Connect with Dan on LinkedIn.

article thumbnail

TCIP #026 – The Accidental PIO with Tom Iovino

Melissa Agnes

Welcome to episode #026 of The Crisis Intelligence Podcast, with Melissa Agnes and Tom Iovino. Public information officers and crisis communicators have critically important responsibilities in difficult times. Connect with Melissa on LinkedIn. Check out our Crisis Intelligence Blog. Connect with Tom on LinkedIn.

article thumbnail

TCIP #060 – Managing The Fort McMurray Wildfire Crisis, With Jordan Redshaw

Melissa Agnes

Fort McMurray), to discuss his experience in being one of only two people responsible for communicating with the Fort McMurray community, to help 88,000 people evacuate safely. How Jordan and his team leveraged monitoring tools to help expand the reach of their crisis communications. Connect with Jordan on LinkedIn.

Crisis 145
article thumbnail

Digital Crisis Communications: When to Shut Up

Waxing UnLyrical

The moon must be in the seventh house, or something, because all of a sudden all I see and hear is about digital crisis communications. Among other storied clients, Andy worked with Tylenol during its 1982 crisis , now a classic case study for communicators of all ages and stages. . Image: Dingzeyu Li via Unsplash.

article thumbnail

Three cardinal rules of PR that Adidas broke with Kanye West

NewsWhip

In the days immediately following, West unleashed a torrent of anti-Semitic comments on social media, culminating in his appearance on Drink Champs, a hip-hop community podcast on October 16, where he said: “I can say anti-Semitic things, and Adidas can’t drop me. Now what?” . Not saying anything is saying everything.” .