article thumbnail

Why monitoring external factors is key to corporate reputation

Onclusive

Corporate reputation has surpassed profitability in its importance to business success—today’s customers, employees, investors, and other stakeholders have many choices, and they are leaning toward companies with a stellar public image. In the age of social media, managing corporate reputation is a complex undertaking.

Corporate 195
article thumbnail

The Marketing Power of Wikipedia: 8 Tips for PR Pros

MaccaPR

As PR and marketing professionals – and consumers – we often forget about the sheer power and influence that Wikipedia has on our daily lives. Wikipedia is a permanent part of our public culture. All jokes aside, Wikipedia does have a distinct influence on the business community. Facebook relies on Wikipedia.

Wikipedia 101
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

On Today’s Multi-Agency Wikipedia Statement

Where the Fishermen Ain't

PR Leaders Today Affirm a Commitment to Abide by and Evangelize Wikipedia Community Norms. Last February, William Beutler , principal of Beutler Ink and publisher of The Wikipedian , convened a meeting of digital leaders from multiple agencies, as well as notable Wikipedia volunteers. Here are four of them.

article thumbnail

Looking for a Brighter Future? Solarpunk is the Answer

Doctor Spin

Solarpunk in Marketing and PR Decentralised and Community-Based Solarpunk Aesthetic Solarpunk Architecture Solarpunk in Culture An Unclear Political Alignment A Smart Minority: The Sustainable Future What is Solarpunk? Community-living in harmony with nature (Midjourney V4). Sustainable living in the wetlands (Midjourney V4).

article thumbnail

For whom the bell tolls

Stephen Waddington

Lord Bell wasn’t responsible for delivering the work that resulted in the PRCA expulsion, but he set up the original contract, and was responsible for a corporate culture in which this type work was acceptable. It was also criticised at the same time for anonymously editing Wikipedia pages on behalf of clients.

article thumbnail

What Happens When You Kiss a Bunch of Frogs?

Waxing UnLyrical

We are, apparently, the “most influential species” on our planet (according to Wikipedia, and Wikipedia knows all). Founder and publisher of Waxing UnLyrical, Shonali Burke helps smart businesses make bank by taking their communications from corporate codswallop to community cool™.

article thumbnail

That One Time I Crashed the Del McCoury Band

Waxing UnLyrical

In fact, if you Wikipedia him (I confess, I did), you’ll learn all about how long it took him to become the Grammy-award winning artist and basically living legend he is today. But fortunately I stayed upright, reminded YET again of how serendipitous life can be … if only you ask … and seize the day.